Android web app

Hello,

I am trying to use my HTC One to the tablo using the web app. Everything working fine except the playback. It comes upto the screen of playback and all I see is a blank screen. Am I missing something?

Thanks

I use the Chrome web browser app.  See if that works for you.

I use the Chrome web browser app.  See if that works for you.

That is what I use too in my phone. Everything works fine except the playback. All I get is a blank screen.

Do you have sound?

Nope. nothing. All I see is a video of 0 length and no errors

Have you seen this? http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/434/playback-issues-with-google-s-latest-android-releases

I am still in 4.4.2 version for the htc one(sprint) and also I thought the above was for the tablo app for tablets. I am only using the web app.

Black screen always, even when windowed?  (that is, not full screen)

in the window I see the show name at the top with the arrow to go back and the arrow down for the show info. But just black screen where the show needs to play

Have you tried clicking on the channel itself rather than the show?   That is the only way to play live TV on smartphones.

ok… then it sounds like the problems with newer versions of Android (guessing).  I know that full screen doesn’t work, but there are some tricks to maximize real estate (browser full screen rather than video fullscreen).

Have you tried clicking on the channel itself rather than the show?   That is the only way to play live TV on smartphones.

I am only trying to play recorded shows not live tv.

This worked on my samsung maybe it will work on HTC: from @liquify

"An update if anyone is interested. I’ve been able to workaround this issue on my Note 3 by letting the Web app load while the phone is in portrait. Then enter full screen mode, switch to landscape and then press play."
This worked on my samsung maybe it will work on HTC: from @liquify

“An update if anyone is interested. I’ve been able to workaround this issue on my Note 3 by letting the Web app load while the phone is in portrait. Then enter full screen mode, switch to landscape and then press play.”

A little improvement now. It is giving me an error saying  “Sorry, this video cannot be played.” with an OK button

@girimurthy Are you running stock Sense on your HTC One, or are you rooted/flashed to another ROM? I’m using one now and don’t see any changes. Any chance you’re trying to play a failed recording?

i have not rooted it. It is the stock sense. The recording is playing in my laptop. But just failing in the phone.

BTW I tested the phone when it is connected to home network and it is working fine. So it is failing on remote connect. When I turn on remote connect all I get is the a green tick mark with “Your Tablo is ready for remote access”. Do I need to do any port mappings even if I get this. I do not get any configure button as mentioned in the user manual

@girimurthy Ah - this is starting to make sense.

What’s your remote streaming quality set at? You can see/change this in the Settings menu - it sounds like the upload on your home network/download on your phone may be struggling to keep up with the stream (which may be why it never initializes).

Can you try lowering the remote streaming quality and letting me know if you can get video to play?

@girimurthy Ah - this is starting to make sense.

What’s your remote streaming quality set at? You can see/change this in the Settings menu - it sounds like the upload on your home network/download on your phone may be struggling to keep up with the stream (which may be why it never initializes).

Can you try lowering the remote streaming quality and letting me know if you can get video to play?

I tried with the lower settings but still have the same issue. My other pieces are working fine. My plex is working for my media but even plex fails for tablo

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S5 on Sprint and using Chrome, Chrome Beta, and stock browser I am experiencing the same exact thing. Play just stays blank.

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S5 on Sprint and using Chrome, Chrome Beta, and stock browser I am experiencing the same exact thing. Play just stays blank.

I believe what you’re experiencing is different, please see here: http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/461/home-network-audio-but-no-video#latest

Solution: Enter full screen mode in Chrome (it’s one of the last posts in that thread)