All recordings fail, crossed out play icons in web UI

@TabloSupport Well the issue has returned, unchanged this Sunday morning… around 2am all recordings failed with the “crossed out play icon”. I noticed it Sunday evening, powered off the Tablo and disconnected the hard drive, took it to my PC and performed another HDTune drive check… 4hrs later, it passed with no faults found. 

Here are my current numbers:
368 episodes
86 “crossed out play icon” episodes
99 shows recorded
113 shows scheduled
43 shows in conflict
300GB used of 1.5TB

So, since no one else had bad blocks on their hard drives and my issue reoccurred after my low level format and since this is an approved Tablo hard drive… I don’t know what the heck is going on. 

I’ve had the same issue happen 3 times since I received my 20-tuner unit.  It happened again sometime on July 4th.  Guess it wan’t to observe the holiday as well.  If I unplug/reset my Tablo, it seems to work fine again for a while…  but I never know when it is going to happen next.  Kind of frustrating.  Think I’m going to start resetting it every Sunday morning as a work around until it gets resolved… 

above post should state 2-tuner unit.  

@jkline - The problem is the same - I think it is interesting that the scheduled recordings fail, but you can still watch live TV even on the channels that had failed recording AND you can record a show from the guide.  That would lend me to think it is the scheduled recording engine and not a tuner itself that is failing - UNLESS maybe the scheduled recordings are linked to a specific tuner. If that tuner locks up then the scheduled recording fails. Live TV handles the locked tuner better, falls over to an available and working tuner, etc.

@mtuckman @TabloSupport That sounds right mtuckman… the scheduler.

I’ve never had an issue accessing live TV or in playing past recordings when this issue occurs… and it is probable this has always occurred within 48hrs of doing dozens of schedule updates. 

I did them when I got the replacement unit (two days later, issue) and I recall doing a bunch of updates around Friday. 

And again… the Tablo adds and marks recordings with “crossed out play icons” even when the unit is unplugged, further suggesting the scheduler vs. hardware fault. Nice add mtuckman.

I had failed recordings last night ad well.

For the first time I scheduled via the IPad and noticed pressing REC New did not changed the shows REC button to orange only the REC New button was changed to orange.  So I pressed REC next to each show for the two weeks.

Normally I only used the laptop via Chrome to schedule but tried the IPad.  I noticed the crossed out play button on the two shows I scheduled from the IPad from the laptop.  Both failed.  Scheduled a few more shows to test from the laptop and they recorded fine.

Just received my Tablo and brand new wd elements drive and I am seeing this issue. Pretty frustrating when you depend on it to record shows after cord cutting.  Did anyone every get resolution on this? I opened a ticket, but just trying to figure out if I need to just put right back in the box… 

The next firmware after this was going on, largely addressed this.

OTA is a finicky source for reliable content access. You very well, could just be dealing with a weak antenna, poor terrane for signal pickup, and/or weather variables that interrupt your OTA signal. Maybe… Just maybe… Power loss to your Tablo could explain the issue… If you really are seeing all shows fail. It’s stupid, I know… but it might still happen under the new firmware.

Tablo says the iPad app includes some explanation for why the recording has failed… They also say, that feature will make it to other platforms in the future. That will be cool.