Adjustable playback speed

I’ve become hooked on watching other media at higher speeds. I’d love to see the feature on Tablo! 1.25, 1.5, 1.76, 2. etc.) Once you become used to it, it can become quite addicting. Adding this feature would allow me to watch even more Tablo!

3 Likes

I agree, I use this feature on YouTube, and love it.

1 Like

Tablo can be accessed by several different apps/devices - Tablo Apps & Compatible Devices | Over The Air (OTA) DVR | Tablo with different players.

It’s been discussed Firefox has variable play speed with the web app.

That’s an interesting idea. I do that frequently on YouTube.

I haven’t used Firefox in at least 5 years. I installed Firefox and it does have the feature! I guess I have a reason to use Firefox again! I’d still love to see the feature added so I’m not forced to use Firefox.

…and it’s not developed by a data mining corporation. There are actual privacy settings and addon-ons.

:frowning_face:
:thinking: a browser built by a corporation generating billions of global profits from advertising with demographic data collocated from everything you do … :musical_score: I’ll be watching you:musical_note:

[I understand it’s unavoidable and everywhere, but it can be limited - privacy has a price]

I’m a big fan of Firefox myself. I only use Chrome on rare occasions because it supports a few advanced features such as web flashing of micro controllers. MS Edge can go to … Well, I don’t use Edge. It’s a modified version of Chrome anyways. MS ticked me off by trying to shove Edge down my throat.

1 Like

I want to bump this. I’ve been using WMC for years and this is the biggest thing I’m missing with the switch.

This definitely needs added, I watch a lot of documentary/lifestyle shows and those are great on 2x and even 3x speeds. Old Tablos had a web app so you could “work around it” by using browser extensions but the 4th Gen Tablo only works in their official apps so we need native support.

Browsers like Firefox have playback seed natively and has never needed special setting to get work with my.tablotv.com

Some point out it’s not necessarily tablo app as the player the app uses from the platform ie Roku for example.

Yes but as I said above, “my.tablotv.com” doesn’t work on 4th gen devices, the web app is only for Legacy Tablos.

As for using the platform native player, not sure about Roku but Android TV 100% supports speed control on the native players. I know many devs that built their code off of ExoPlayer (what Android TV uses) and support speed control.

Understand, just clarifying we don’t necessarily need “browser extensions” if someone might come across this.

I guess it would be great if tablo would develop a player for every device and platform… that’s likely a lot of overhead cutting into profits. Probably why we’re stuck with what’s available, at least for now. Who knows what tomorrow brings.

I mean you do need Browser extensions for most sites, the “native” browser player does support playback controls natively but most sites don’t use the native player like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc. Of course, I don’t own a legacy Tablo so no idea if Tablo’s website uses the native player or not but that’s why I said browser extensions, cause most sites DO require that, especially when dealing with content like TV, it was just a safe assumption.