A Message from the CEO Re: Subscription Account Changes

maybe, put your current large drive on your new quad, and purchase a less expensive smaller one for the dual lite, since you’ll most likely be recording less comparatively.

@TabloTV

I got a few months of service for my parents back in 2018 to test the DVR service. They eventually went with TiVo, but we’ve watched their service and future steadily decline. Since, they have made there way to Fire TV Recast, which is cheap and works well, but they are starting to think Roku may simply be the easier and more app-friendly of the platforms.

If they switch back to Roku, and thus consider a return to Tablo, we would still fall under the group of customers that can have multiple Tablos on a single subscription since we had been customers long before the aforementioned cutoff date, correct? I couldn’t quite tell since it wasn’t mentioned as to whether or not you needed to be an active, current member throughout the present, or just that you had to have an active sub at some point before that date.

Thanks in advance!

@dcburnquist

Actually it’s right there in the first post. You need to have an active subscription, and created before March 7, 2019. You don’t currently have an active subscription as of today, correct?

Hmm, really? It doesn’t seem to indicate anywhere that you would need lifetime. I’m sure there’s some that do annually just in case, and I doubt they would be excluded from this, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: I edited my post, but I’m starting to think I misread it. I thought it meant you would have had to have an active subscription at some point prior to that date. Now that you mention it that way, though, it sounds like you need a subscription that was active throughout the time from prior to the date up until now.

Yeah I don’t think it’s lifetime either, but according to the post you need an active subscription. If it’s not active, regardless of when you were subscribed previously, then it’s not eligible for the grandfathering as it’s written above.

Maybe Tablo will make an exception for you.

it it NOT limited to lifetime subscriptions!.. I had a monthly and just added a second [edit] tablo to my account [/edit], then changed to annual and am still pre March 7 if I want to add more.

1 Like

Yep, I’m with you on this now. This is all ‘just in case’ anyway, but maybe I’ll just have to wait for Tablo to eventually roll out a more family-friendly 6-tuner (maybe they’ll get one to market before HDHR :rofl::rofl: with their massive delays and empty promises).

See that’s the strange thing. Even that quoted part isn’t clear as to meaning active since before March 7th. In fact, it quite clearly states you simply had to have an active subscription at some point prior to March 7th. I’m not sure if they simply chose poor language, or if in fact returning subscribers are grandfathered.

Well, if you go to the top, it was in response to a specific question… specifically about if you really needed a lifetime type.

ok, here’s the trick question - at what point is a $150 lifetime subscription considered inactive? week? month? 6mths? 1 year? or the length of your life?
I haven’t actually checked, is there a disclaimer about active lifetime? Oh, my lifetime expired? So, now you can buy a second life? Isn’t that kind of absurd?

Oh, no I’m right with you. I’m only saying that their language makes the more crucial part of my question foggy. I agree with you that lifetime isn’t required, but what’s still uncertain is whether you needed a once-active sub, or a still-active sub. I was only pointing out the murkiness of the wording in the excerpt you unearthed.

I meant active monthly or yearly subscription.

By definition a lifetime subscription is always active, it’s tied to the user, so it’s until you die.

1 Like

…or until… well, you know…

PS Vue, it’s the best streaming service out there, it will never die…

Guess you haven’t heard PS Vue shutting down end of January.

Yeah, I think my post was misinterpreted.

I see the distinction. But really, once you stop paying - monthly or yearly - you no longer have a subscription. Expired, isn’t really synonymous to inactive… but now this is semantics.
Point, you don’t have to be constantly -actively- using your “lifetime” subscription as it’s active by default… till “…or until… well, you know…”

Someone used to keep posting similar about Windows Media Center on a Windows 7 system. I’m not at all comparing them!, just the analogy.

@dcburnquist - Send a note to support. We’ll dig up your past account details and see what we can do for you.

2 Likes

The “point” is that a “lifetime” with Tablo will end if Nuvyyo/Tablo “ends”. I apologize that my logic was that hard to follow.

Thank You! That never seems to gets pointed out. It’s for as long as Nuvyyo aka Tablo continues providing the service - as is.

If/when it gets consumed by a giant corporation or goes public, then it answers solely to profits and new “owners” can as in TOS, “the right to update or modify these Terms from time to time”

Or, just years later, decide it doesn’t fit their new business model (who knows where the future is going), can change/terminate “the services”, lifetime expired :slightly_frowning_face:

Buying a lifetime also locks you into how ever they may change “the service” to collect and use information collected through your use of your tablo - even more so. Consumer data is big business.

So much so that one might consider a free subscription, as long as you agree to have your data mined :slight_smile:

1 Like