4th Gen Tablo - Sports on ABC, CBS and FOX won’t load

Are there blackouts on this device? None of the channels showing college sports today will load. I had to hook antenna ack to TV directly to watch without Tablo device. Is this suppose to happen?

1 Like

I am getting them all. Pretty weird issue. Have you tried rebooting the Tablo?

Thanks for the reply. Yes. Rebooting didn’t seem to help.

Is it just those channels, or are non sports channels having issues too? I am just wondering if the sports channels use more bandwidth and your home network is struggling.

All other channels work, only the current games on (ABC, CBS and FOX) give that error messsage. Bandwith isn’t an issue, i’m a network admin by trade :slight_smile:

It looks like you are in the Live grid. Did you try to watch these by clicking in the actual show to “watch Live” or click on the actual channel on the left.

Thank you for responding. I noticed this is only broken from the Guide. If I go to “home” button and pick a game there, it works. Problem solved… I guess… :slight_smile:

You should always be able to watch a channel buy clicking on the channel in the Live grid.

That still is strange. I can access the games from both the live tv grid and the Home screen.

Hum… thanks everyone for helping!

1 Like

I had a similar issue and the only thing that seemed to fix the problem was my rescanning all the channels and loading the guide and then things worked again. Hope it helps.

I have the exact same issue. I rescanned and updated the guide, and I still get the error if I try to record the games. I can watch live by clicking the channel but no way to record. It is the same with all games today (like some kind of recording blackout). If we can’t time shift what’s the point?

What device are you using to record? There definitely is nothing to prevent recording of any OTA channel or show.

Tablo 4th Gen, same exact issue as the screenshot from first post. Really disappointing on one of the biggest days of College Football.

I meant what client (Roku, iPhone, Android, FireTv, etc).

And did you follow the steps that worked for the original poster?

I’m the original poster and having the issue still. This happens every game day. The only way I can watch is to access from the “home” tab. If I was in the return period, I’d return this unit.

So far no one in this thread has mentioned what client is being used. And have you tried all clients available or just one?

For me, it happens on iPad and Google TV.

Thanks. I don’t have Google TV, but I do have an iPad.

I have no problems loading football games (or other sports) on the iPad using the LiveTv guide.

I can also record sporting events from the guide on iPad, Android phone, and Roku

Of course if they had actually implemeted the Shows, Movies, and Sports menus it would have been easy to hop into the sports menu and schedule the game. But that seems to be above their pay grade on some devices and apps.