NEW - Tablo (4th Gen Only) Firmware Release 2.2.50

Related to this firmware update has anyone seen any benefits or improvements in the TABLO 4th gen behavior?

I’m asking because I have NOT seen any improvements in the issues of picture freezing, picture stutter and kickouts out of the Tablo app. I am still waiting to see these issues get fixed.

I have not had that issue on 9 devices in my home that use the Tablo APP.

I noticed there has been a slowness to x.50 from x.49.

1 Like

I had one very positive improvement from 2.2.49 to 2.2.50 – I am able to get to my library on the Roku without it crashing to the Roku’s Home Screen.

I’m assuming I’m still on the beta, though, since I have not been asked to upgrade yet.

1 Like

Firmware updates should only take a few minutes.

First I would check the SETTINGS screen of a different app. The firmware update may have been completed, but THIS app isn’t reflecting that for some reason.

If it is stuck in the download phase, you can reboot the Tablo and try again.

2 Likes

No. actually worse.

Just got the update. The install went fine. But still hasn’t fixed my main issue with Tablo. Get done watching a recording then try to delete it and it won’t. Selecting delete does nothing. If we try to move around in the app then go back to recordings we get the spinning circle. The only way to fix this is to exit the app and restart it. Then everything works fine again, for a while. This doesn’t happen with every recording. It’s quite random and sometimes we can get through many recordings and delete them just fine. But eventually it happens again. This is nothing new for us. Been going on for many months now.

1 Like

The original announcement by @TabloTV @TabloEngineering indicated this firmware update is being done on a gradual rollout basis. It also says that “when your device is eligible, you will see …”

Just curious what criteria is being used to determine which devices are eligible and when. I have checked daily since this announcement and my device (4th Gen, 2-tuner) reports its firmware is the latest update available, still sitting at 2.2.48.

Also noted the announcement says updates will come down on WEEKDAYS.

Anyone have thoughts or insights?

1 Like

Ditto. I can understand a soft launch, however, “Check for new Firmware” should provide the update for those who are actively seeking to install the latest updates vs. those who never check the status.

1 Like

I thought the purpose of delayed update is to reduce the strain on servers. And since maiy large consumer product companies do it I guess it’s not that unusual.

Since the firmware update I’m getting “Weak Signal” errors on most channels. I have performed a channel rescan and getting 4 green dots (strong signal) on nearly all channels. I suspect a problem with the update, since I have never experienced this issue before.

I’m guessing that the number of Forum members who are aware of the fact that there is an update is small compared to the total number of Gen 4 owners, but in any event I guess I’ll get it at some point (and perhaps regret it, lol).

Is there a way to go back to the previous version of the firmware?

Have you rebooted the Tablo after installing the FW update? I know that it reboots after the firmware has been updated, but I’ve had better success if I do a manual reboot afterward.

Just a quick tap of the button on the bottom – make sure not to hold it.

Yes I did reboot the Tablo at least 2 times but the problem didn’t go away. I ended up doing a factory reset and it finally worked. Unfortunately I lost everything I had recorded. I will get an external hard drive to make sure this doesn’t happen again!

Sorry you ended up completely resetting your device. Hope you have better luck this time around.

As it stands now, whenever you factory reset your 4th gen Tablo, you will lose all recordings, no matter if you’re using external or internal.

Oh no really? Why is that? Is it because the references to the content is kept on Tablo and not on the external device?

If all your scheduled recording were kept on the external disk and it crashed you would have to re-enter all the info.

Mines done that, reboot it, in download phase its safe, fixed mine, its happened to me twice

Yes but their is no support or updates. I still use mine but i have issues with recording and deleting programs.

The rollout is completely randomized.