Xml/xmltv epg 13 14 15

Any chance that we can use xml in the future for our channel guide?
I set it up in NextPvr and it works great. Almost two weeks of programming.
I can’t afford the subscription to Tablo anymore.

Schedules Direct really isn’t free. Please don’t abuse it.

What does this have to do with Schedules Direct and what are you implying?
I’m not abusing SD. I don’t have that service anymore since I can’t afford it. I was using it with NextPvr in the past.
Now I’m using a free xml feed for NPR.

I think you have your wires crossed.

I was pretty sure nextpvr was using Schedules Direct, sorry. EPG isn’t “free” anywhere, as far as I know. Just want you to know that using those “free” methods of obtaining non-free EPG, well, it’s not right. But obviously, if you can show us all that there truly is a free EPG out there, I’m sure we’d all like to know about it.

Individual stations have their own data. There is www.titantv.com and TV Guide, and others that are free.

It’s a sad time when you are guilty until proven innocence. Shame on you.

Here’s the article that I used to get the free guide data.

https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?57662-NextPVR-EPG-Setup-XML-XMLTV-EPG-Zap2it-amp-Zap2xml

Nextpvr gives you a choce what to use.

My simple question, will Tablo give us that choice. They could build it into the interface hopefully.

I’m 100% sure they will not. Tablo needs reliable guide data to work properly. Doing this would reduce the reliability of scheduled recordings and increase their support workload. And remove a revenue stream for them. No upside for them at all.

I’m not sure how long you’re had your Tablo, but I bought the lifetime subscription soon after I got it (almost two years ago) and haven’t paid a cent since then.

I think you are right about that. I paid a lot for Tablo and would be nice if they could add an option.
Had the subscription for a year but with only social security I can’t afford it anymore.

To be honest I barely used it after trying it out for a while. The interface is way too slow and it has bugs.

All I need is something that plays and records ota tv in a wife-friendly way.

I did grab the intro-price Stream by Channel Master and hoping that works out.

Have a great day.

I know it’s on the Internet, therefore it’s “free”… but it’s really not…

With that said, you may be able to use the data for personal use and even integration, but you can’t just capture and distribute or integrate it into a product. This is why commercial product don’t use these sources. Just make sure you’re aware of the terms of service when using personally as well.