(COMPLETED) Xbox One app?

Still no Xbox One app?

Not yet @Frank00. I’m still rooting for one though!

Xbox One App would be great…

Are you waiting to to see what Windows 10 is going to bring to the Xbox One before proceeding or is something currently in the works?

Not in the works yet as we have a few other priorities to look at right now. But a Windows Universal app may be the ticket. It would be good to see how Windows10 fits into that for sure.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature! Just bought Tablo and was disappointed to see no official app, nor are channels supported in Plex for XBone yet.

1 Like

Agreed. I also have an Xbox One and Plex. There are no channel support on this platform. I have to use Roku to view channels.

I’m hoping we don’t have to rely on the 3rd-party Plex app for anything Tablo moving forward as who know how long Plex will be around?

I want an app just like any other streaming app. A standalone giving me my Tablo TV! :smile:

Just to throw in my .02. The Plex app on smart TVs just got Channel support, but the Tablo channel can’t tune anything or play recordings. It either sits and tries for a long time, or just errors out right away. So, even if your device gets channel support, don’t get your hopes up too high as it probably won’t work with the Tablo anyway.

Yes, this should be a priority for Tablo developers. For Xbox One and Windows 10 app! How many times can a request be made before Tablo responds? Thanks

They did respond. Scroll up.

I mean, when are they going to listen and provide the app? Their response is lame…

Lol keep waiting, many more important platforms to master.

You could probably code it yourself and sell them the source code.

1 Like

Are there any plans to add an Xbox1 app now that Windows 10 has gone live?

Come on, this is getting downright strange having no way to watch tablo on Xbox One. Are you working on this or not?

XB1 will have it’s own DVR app within six months. You can already pause Live TV. They also have a tuner already. On top of that, the guide is free. So, with the exception of using a remote antenna, soon there will be no benefit to the Tablo app.

Here’s some info from August - I believe there are more recent articles out there as well. This one has pretty pictures, though. http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/04/gamescom-dvr-for-over-the-air-tv/

That said, I agree with you - would have been nice to have a Tablo app for xb1.

Unless Xbox One finds a way to get the signal to Roku, etc., Tablo is much superior. I want a device I can use on multiple TVs. Does the average person realize you don’t need to be satisfied with DVR on only one TV? This is the very reason I think Tablo is a home run.

I should also mention that I don’t want to locate my Xbox One near my source, and I lose digital signal quality after my splits; yet another reason Tablo is MUCH better.

I would love an xbox one app!