Won't Connect to Fire TV(s)

Have just got my LITE up and running, and it’s just failing to do what I got it for.

Connected to my coax on the first floor, inches away from the living room Fire TV. That TV (through the app) accesses the Tablo fine, though I often have to Force Stop it and restart it on the Fire TV, because it’ll just hang on a black screen forever otherwise.

The big problem is the basement Fire TV. It will not consistently find the Tablo. Verified that both the Tablo and the TV are on the same network, and when I try it, the TV fails to find the Tablo three times in a row, then maybe on the fourth it’ll find it. I’ll get the guide up, then select the channel. Finally, I’ll get the live broadcast, and then 30 seconds later, I get the spinning wheel as the broadcast freezes, then crashes with a “can’t find the Tablo”.

Any ideas? I’m really not interested in keeping this if I can’t even consistently turn it on and just watch live TV.

If the basement TV is wireless it could possibly be an interference problem. Try a WiFi monitoring app on your phone to check the signal strength.

Most streaming devices have one built-in now:

1 Like

Here’s the speed test for my wifi. I would think “high” should be fine. I restarted the Tablo app (which i seem to have to do every time), and it started by I’m going to keep an eye on it…i really don’t trust it to be there when i need it.

If you haven’t already, I recommend contacting our support team. Our team can setup a troubleshooting steps to see if we can determine the root cause of the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.