Wish they could fix the load time

using Roku to access my recording videos every now and then it stops the movie or TV show and says loading loading loading loading loading loading loading that is so annoying specially if you’re in the middle of a good show it’s like the buffering time does not have a lot I have a top notch network routingif someone has an idea on how to stop that from happening be great

1. Is your Tablo hard wired to your router?
  2. What is the make and model of said router?
  3. What is the model number of your Roku?
  4. Is your Roku connected via WiFi to your router?

Yes tablo is hardwire to a netgear WNDR3400v2 roku is wifi and is a 3500x

1. The Roku 3500 is the Streaming Stick which is notorious for having poor WiFi signal resulting in poor WiFi speed. This is likely the reason for your buffering issues. The poor WiFi signal is generally two-fold, one that it has a tiny WiFi antenna in it, and two that generally the device is very close to your HDTV which causes interference.
  2. Many individuals have noticed improvement with using a 3" HDMI extension cable which allows the Stick to be far enough away from the HDTV to minimize interference. This is such an issue that Roku provides this cable for free.
  3. The 3500 is dual-band WiFi meaning it can be used on 2.4 GHz Wireless N or 5 GHz Wireless N. You may want to try the Stick on the 5 GHz band as your router supports it, it is technically faster. May solve your buffering problems.
  4. You may want to use the 720p Roku / Chromecast recording quality to allow for slower WiFi speeds. Generally the bitrate of 1080p video or 720p bitrate may be too high for your Roku Stick.

To get your free HDMI extension cable:

You may also want to adjust your recording quality: https://www.tablotv.com/blog/choosing-right-tablo-recording-quality/

This seems like a WiFi signal issue so if adjusting the quality doesn’t help then get the router closer. I use WiFi and don’t have issues.

@iam

WiFi but on what Roku? The Stick? Which stick, 3400 or 3500?

I have the stick (3500XB), roku2, and roku 3 all wireless and working.