Will You Subscribe to Commercial Skip?

What did they tell you were a member of? Did you get a card? Are there meetings? Secret handshake?

the lifetime membership is the guide subscriptions on all tablo devices as well as the other features.

I’m in that same situation. Just signed up with YouTube tv with unlimited dvr and saved for nine months. Tablo advertisers automatically add record time to live events. Saturday ABC didn’t record extra for the game. With 34 seconds left in fourth quarter. The other three games did add. So tablo seems to be hit/miss and just have to hope for the best. Luckily I had YouTube tv as they had all the game on ABC.

Tablo only adds extra recording time IF the scheduled program is listed as “live”.

Saturday’s NFL games was not. That’s an ABC problem.

I won’t because you are wanting $20 per unit so now instead of a lifetime subscription that I was never supposed to have to worry about a reccuring charge you would in my case require $40 a year. I see this as a double slap in the face to those that trusted you all as a company at launch and gave you all working capital to keep the lights on and grow. I would have kept it for $20 per account even though I personally think those that trusted you with a lifetime deserve to be treated better because we helped keep the lights on in the beginning. I won’t be nickel and dimed on a per unit cost for a plan that said we could add up to 10 units for free. Poor form Tablo, lost serious respect that you all where not scum like cable companies.

4 Likes

Probably not, but we tend to really watch stuff that either it doesnt work on, or (mostly) PBS type stuff which is not applicable …

1 Like

I would be more likely to subscribe if the ability to auto play next episodes was there. It would feel more like Netflix.

1 Like

Their solution requires uploading what you recorded, so not much difference there.

Not for me. About 50% recordings succeed and about 50% of those are what I would call acceptable and zero % without some error.

1 Like

Small and reasonable ask … Sign me up!

2 Likes

So what’s next? Is Tablo going to tell us lifetime guide subscribers that “because it costs more than you thought for guide service” that we’ll end up paying extra per year/month for guide service anyway?

2 Likes

As if they couldn’t end the life of the current guide system? It’s lifetime ended. They’ve modified enough to call it “new and improved”!

The subscription is presumably for the lifetime of the service.

As the TV Guide price structure correctly infers, some people like paying by the month, some by the year and some prefer a lump-sum one-time fee that frees them from any future costs. I know we’re only talking about $1.65 or so a month for a lifetime subscriber, but that’s not how us lifetime peeps like to roll. So please consider coming up with a one-time price to accomodate your lifetime subscribers.

5 Likes

Lifetime price = $20 * infinity = all your money

4 Likes

no it only works about 1/2 the time

1 Like

Hmm, maybe an algo to check monthly success percentage and a prorated refund on the failures. I know I could make some coin from the stuff I record :thinking:

1 Like

For those of you complaining about the success rate (a legit concern), do realize that the number of shows being processed will go way down because this will be a paid service. With fewer shows being processed at the same time, the success rate should be much better.

No…

I won’t be subscribing either since the preview thumbnails make fast forwarding through commercials pretty easy in my opinion.

Having said that, I don’t understand the pushback on there being a small cost associated with it going forward. It’s an entirely optional add-on with an existing alternative (see my preview thumbnails comment above) and it takes a entirely separate and new set of resources (i.e. the thumbnail generation happens on device, commercial skip processing does not) that have an ongoing cost determined directly by how many people are taking advantage of the commercial skip service.

I never intended to pay additional for it so I appreciate since I have chosen not to take advantage of this particular service that I’m not being asked to shoulder the financial responsibility for it.

2 Likes

I never turned it on so I guess my answer is no. Don’t mind FF’ing through commercials. Also from reading the previous comments the general opinion is pretty much negative on paying for CS. Those responses should tell Tablo that it’s not ready yet.

1 Like