Why didn't my show record?

Obviously I don’t like this product. Because it’s malfunctioned on me 10x more than any other comparable product. If the company were honest, they would tell people this is basically a beta. But they did not. To experience the inability to watch the show I bought this thing to record for > 2 weeks after 2 years of ownership is unacceptable. I personally could care less what you think about my decorum. It’s what you want to focus on because you can’t return to your prior means of batting down criticism: ‘der, it works for me, you are a whiner.’

Well I’ve kindly offered you to cut your losses and purchase your Tablo. Take it or leave it.

xxxx cccc xx cc

1 Like

OMG. You are killing me!! Yeah your profile pic just screams ‘with it’ like you ‘get it.’ ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Hilarious. Frodo or whatever your pals call you in Mordor.

So you are not seriously going to try to mount the argument that these guys are actually cutting edge, doing new tech the way new tech needs to be done are you?? Let’s do this: make a HUGE wager, then let me inspect the code for an hour. I would be willing to bet a large pile of money that this codebase is a bombed out disaster stitched together by clowns. Clearly they have no tests. They put out a HUGE regression with the last release by their own admission and 3 weeks later they don’t have a patch. The GOTO bug Apple got caught on (huge embarrassment) was patched in something like 48h. Toyota’s code was subpoenaed for that sudden acceleration case and the guy found 200K global variables.

It is beyond astonishing that you jumped in to tell me I was talking out of my arse because I said this should have been fixed, and your contribution is to basically say ‘this is how new tech companies do it.’ Yeah, right.

BTW, name me a SINGLE company that became a leader after doing releases with catastrophic failures 2 years in.

You are the one who is a kid. Obviously not physically but mentally, you stopped developing at around 8. You want to do ad hominem, bring it. You have got absolutely NOTHING.

Dear Your Kindness: I’ll leave it thanks.

Alright can everyone please calm down? If you’re going to continue to own your Tablo and be part of the community, you got to play a bit nicer.

If you want to vent, please pick up the phone and call them and do so directly. No point in attacking forum members.

I didn’t attack anyone. He attacked me. After he did I returned fire.

As to this original thread, I am really kind of over all of this. After the last fiasco got sorted and the new release came out with the new skip, I posted a positive comment, only to have my primary show stop recording a week or so later. My girlfriend won’t listen to anything about Tablo anymore, she would be for me putting it under the back wheel of my car. According to Philsoft, she just doesn’t get new tech is her problem.

Now that Hulu launched a commercial free option, frankly I don’t need the Tablo for much that is very important. If the thing just recorded Jeopardy every night I would be happy. That’s apparently too much to ask > 2 years in.

xxxx cccc xx cc

Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Last Man on Earth both failed to record for me last night.

1 Like

And tonight, Blindspot failed to record. :anguished:

1 Like

I posted this is another user’s thread:

There’s a known issue with recordings actually recording but then not showing up in the recordings list. They are sitting on the HDD and need to be recovered from purgatory. The new 2.2.5 firmware recovers these recordings - it is currently in v2 of beta testing.

Your issue could be different though, are shows previously scheduled to record no longer scheduled when you check them a few days later?

If so, what shows? Are they Live shows where the guide data information might change between scheduling and actual air date?

Just a note to everyone in this thread (and everyone in general)… We welcome constructive criticism however…

The rules of the forum are here: Welcome Everyone!

They include prohibitions on personal attacks and being a jerk.

If you’re unable to follow this (despite our commitment to minimal moderation) we will ban you.

If you see a post that you think contravenes the rules, feel free to use the ‘flag’ function which can be found below each thread to bring the violation to the attention of moderators.

2 Likes

After last nights guide update every “record once” scheduled disappeared from the schedule. I’ve only seen this occur when going between firmware releases.

I have 2 tablos and the scheduled recordings disappear from both. If the “record once” was scheduled from the “TV Shows” or “Sports” menus, it disappeared. But the “record once” scheduled from “Movies” menu remain.

1 Like

Suddenly every show I’ve ever recorded shows up in the Scheduled screen.

We updated our web and Android apps to add this as it was requested by users.

i’m suspecting that i have these hidden recorded shows as well. how can i verify that there are shows that the tablo is not showing me?

If you have the latest Tablo firmware, the Tablo update should have retrieved them for you already. If you do not have the current firmware, update your Tablo and any hidden recordings will be recovered. If your Tablo has failed to record shows since installing the most recent firmware update, I would contact support, but as far as I know, this issue has been resolved. At least, it was for me and I haven’t read about it happening recently to others on this forum.

This is still not resolved. I had set my Tablo to record last night’s Packers game and also the Simpsons. Neither recorded, but Family Guy did.

This issue was resolved over a year ago and didn’t involve shows that weren’t recorded but rather shows that did record but didn’t show up in the interface.

Any issues you are experiencing today are caused by something else. If the failed recording is not caused by something common like a tuner conflict or a weak signal, then I would fill out a support ticket and ask the Tablo people to look into it.