Why can't I integrate my Tablo into Windows Media Player or XBMC?

Update…
Ok i got the HDHomerun and I have to say WOW! Being able to integrate it right into Kodi and Windows media center is amazing. I have to say that WMC is by far the best user interface for watching TV that I have found. The guide is what everyone strives for . I also decided to just keep both the Tablo and the Homerun for now. I truly hope Nuvyyo makes the Tablo UPnP compatible. It would put them into the next category for sure.

Glad to hear you like it.

What kind of computer are you hosting the HDHomeRun on though? That’s the only reason I don’t Iike it, I don’t want to have a PC on 24/7.

Well, I’m still trying to fig out the best method to setting this all up. I have one PC in my office that runs my Plex server and one running Windows 8.1 that is my HTPC. The HTPC is a HP with a i5, 4 gigs of ram, Nvidia HDMI VC and a 250 gig SSD. The Plex server is the same but without the nicer VC and SSD. I think I might move Plex to the HTPC to eliminate one being on all the time.

I’m not positive, but I think you can run the HDHomerun on an Android box without having to keep a PC running

SInce you are already running Kodi, install ServerWMC on one of your PCs

1 Like