Which ROKU devices are you using?

ASUS RT-N56U here with over 30 clients regularly…  Always rock solid

I have Tablo plugged into router and wireless Roku 3 and it only buffers with Live TV. Recorded programs work fine. Very annoying when trying to watch live sports.

I use a Roku 3, a Roku XD and a Roku LT. The Tablo app is unusable on the XD. It crashes upon startup every time. I’m not sure if this is just another defect or if the XD is not supported. If it is not supported, I expect it ought not install on that version of hardware from the Roku Channel store.

@vgrund If you have Plex, I’ve found that my XDs Roku can play back recorded Tablo shows via Plex.  It still doesn’t have the horsepower to stream in Plex, but it seems like a lot of channels I’ve installed recently aren’t compatible with that old player now either.

Yes the XD is old.  I’m pleased Netflix and Amazon still support it.  I will still probably upgrade to a 3 because I agree it is getting long in the tooth.

I found the 2 XS is a solid choice as well as long as it is on ethernet.  Cheaper than a 3, and no wifi direct interference to worry about.  Just as an FYI.

I have a first-generation Roku (N1000) that was given to me many years ago. Tablo crashes on it immediately.

I’m thinking of upgrading to a Roku 2 (3000). It looks like a couple of you are using similar devices, correct? I’m basically looking for some confirmation that Tablo will be supported before I buy the new model.

I have four Roku’s:  2 ea Roku 3’s, 1 ea Roku 2 and 1 ea Roku 2 XD.   They all work fine except the old 2XD crashes from time to time.

Thanks Danb!

I’ve had NO problems with a wired Roku 3 in moderate usage.(there’s not a ton to watch during the summer)

My father-in-law also found a new-in-box Roku HD last week, and that seemed to work well for the 2 shows I tested it with.

I have 2 Roku 3’s. Sure would like a grid view!

@DanB, can I assume you’re using some version of the Roku 2 with HD support, as there’s apparently no way to stream Tablo video to an SD TV?.

Just starting the “cord-cutting” process.  I have a Roku 3 on my main TV, connected via 5GHz wireless to an Asus RT-AC68R.  So far, no streaming issues at all with Netflix, Hulu, Plex.

Up to now, my biggest concern is being able to time-shift the TV shows we watch that aren’t available via streaming services (i.e. Big Bang Theory and sports).  I also like the idea of having one antenna and the potential to stream to all TV’s in the house. 

Looking to get a Tablo (4 tuner) and hook it directly to the router with an Amazon Basics antenna (mid-grade) for local reception.

Since a Tablo app does not yet run on the XBox 360 – someone can give me good reports on the latest Roku Streaming Stick?  I’m confident that the router will handle the load, and the Roku Streaming Stick can work on the 5GHz band, but will the Stick’s processing power be the bottleneck?  If signal strength isn’t enough, I can add a repeater using an old router running DD-WRT.

I am reading that the Roku app does not yet have 30-second skip forward nor any skip backward features for Tablo.  I hope that the good folks at Tablo can implement that soon as we gotta keep the Chief of Staff (the wife) happy.  Another plus would be having an app for the Kindle Fire as both my wife and son use them.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Dirty Remarks?  Okay, maybe not dirty remarks…

@brandtb - We’ve found the streaming stick’s WiFi antenna can be a bit dicey. Some folks have had success and others haven’t had much luck. 

We’re looking to hire a Roku dev so we can accelerate the feature velocity on that platform. There is a backwards skip on the Roku but each version seems to have a different time increment implemented via the remote. We’re planning to standardize this. 

We’re also working on getting approval for a Kindle Fire tablet app. In the meantime you’ll be able to use the web app on them. 

With the Tablo hardwired and my Roku Streaming stick in a location close to the wifi, mine doesn’t drop a beat.  But nothing beats the hardwired Roku3 with the hardwired Tablo.