When will Tablo release the new firmware for legacy Tablo units to work like the 4th generation Tablo?

2024-04-03T05:00:00Z

Here is the most recent info (from 2 months ago): A Guide for Existing Tablo Customers Considering the 4th Generation Tablo Device/Apps – Tablo (tablotv.com)

1 Like

That “later this year” comment was in the original press in 2023. We’re over 25% thru 2024 already.

My guide subscription expires in the summer, so I’ll be interested on the timing then. For now, I’m happy my legacy unit is working well. Seems a lot of work needs to be done still to make the Gen4 stable, especially for Rokus (which I use).

1 Like

To be honest, I have no plans to convert. Not just the bugs, but it’s obvious from what is going on today that it is WAY too tied to remote servers.

2 Likes

Nor do I…knock on wood my 3rd gen unit (using Roku) is working great. I’d like to keep it that way.

1 Like

I’m not interested in “upgrading” my original 4-tuner Tablo. It’s been working great for years now, and I don’t want to go through growing pains with new software. Not only that, I don’t need the FAST channels. That’s what I use my Fire TV MAX for.

2 Likes