What are you doing with your cord cutting savings?

Thought this would be a fun thread to start… 

What are you doing with your cord cutting savings?

I recall at least one user who said they’re putting the cash towards a car payment which is pretty awesome. What else do you have planned? A vacation? College or retirement fund? Making it rain $100 bills at ‘tha club’? :)) 

1 Like

My first thing is to recoup my cord-cutting investment.  $300 on the Tablo+hard drive, $90 on the Roku, and $30 on the Chromecast. 

I also bought a new router + wireless AC adapter, new bedroom TV, and a new Android tablet in anticipation of the savings.  

My wife and I are going on a European vacation this summer (first time in about 15 years), but I can’t really credit that to cutting the cord. :wink:
1 Like

Recoup my investment!

$231 Tablo
$50 Roku
$65 HDD
$40 Mohu leaf
$20 Home made VHF antenna
--------
$406 total

$71/month saved

Ask me again in 6 months :stuck_out_tongue:

beer money

1 Like

Buying Nexus Players to replace my 6 marginally supported Roku players…(about $600 invested, maybe can recoup $300)

1 Like

Tablo doesn’t “marginally” support Roku. In fact some posters think Tablo spends too much time on Roku maintenance to the detriment of other development.

2 Likes

Net savings per month is around $150
I’ve bought about 900 streamers after switching platforms 3-ish times. Some of it driven by putting Tablo in every room via the Roku (this is why I wish Tablo would just come out and say / position Roku as not being the best choice - it hurts people to be disingenuous)

So, I’m probably about 5 years from breaking even.

When I do?

HOOKERS AND BLOW

1 Like

Bringing this thread back from the dead…

I just realized last week was my 3 year anniversary with Tablo… 4 tuner still going strong! (Even still on the original Power Supply!)

I AM on my second HDD but that’s only because I needed more space. Current HDD is about 18 months old. And my original one is still working great connected to my parents 4 Tuner Tablo…

But to the point of this thread… I cant believe it but I have saved ~$3500 so far since cutting the cord, and that’s AFTER the cost of getting Rokus for every TV in the house.

What am I spending it on? Car parts, mostly go faster car parts…

A few $$s have probably gone to the wife and kids, just nobody needs to tell them the amount I have saved so far or they will want more…

1 Like

I bought a 2nd Tablo to double my savings. :wink:

2 Likes

LOL love it

Wow, that was 4 years ago. Since then I’ve bought 2 more rokus and another HD (first one died) so an additional cost of $140 or so.

$546 spend 4 years ago
$71/month*50 months = $3,550

Total savings of: $3,004 and counting

1 Like