Wednesday Night Republic Debate Where?

Anyone know where the CBNBC Debate might stream on ROKU … nowhere channel ?

Chas

Don’t know an answer buat suggest you write or email your congressman and senator. I did and said said with more and more people cutting cable that we need a law requiring the presidential debates be available by streaming.

2 Likes

CNBC is requiring a cable subscription. Westwood One radio stations will be carrying the debate.

OK, Well that answers that

Thanks

Chas

It REALLY bothers me that all debates are not OTA… Truthfully I am a bit of a cynic and dont really think it matters too much who gets put in office, they ALL have their own agendas… (I do watch the debates though, to find who has the agenda closest to mine…)

BUT, the debates are SUPPOSED to be the chance for all the contenders to show what they stand for, who they are, what they will do if elected.

Why is this NOT required to be on OTA?

Not just for cable cutters, think about the millions of people who ONLY have antenna TV. Should they NOT be informed on who they are potentially voting for! Why should the elderly and/or lower class be left without ANY idea on the options?

I would also think most of the candidates would want it as well… Without the OTA families seeing your stance, many will simply vote by name recognition. May be a good thing for a few running, but overwhelmingly bad for the high majority.

Just crazy in my mind… Or maybe better said, seems strange to my CRAZY MIND, whatever…

Stepping off my soapbox now…

1 Like

These debates aren’t even the “real” debates, so I don’t see why they should be on OTA tv. All these debates do at this point in time is whittle down some of the lesser candidates for each political party. Having them on cable makes a lot more sense, and interested voters can still see and read all about what happened soon afterwards.

When you get down to the Republican candidate vs the Democrat candidate, then you can go to OTA tv, and I am pretty sure that is still done for at least a few of those debates.

That IS a good point and I had noticed we seem to have MORE candidates every year and as a result, MORE DEBATES.

I guess they cant all be OTA, still bugs me though, as I see how ill informed most of this country is so I hate to see everyone not given every opportunity to understand and learn…

1 Like

All the debates thus far have been freely available - through radio, the old fashioned way. One can still listen to the debates and get a good idea of the dynamics on stage. Growing up, we did not have a TV in the house so I listened to all the sports events via radio. When we had radio only, my marks in school were very good. The moment my dad bought a TV, my school grades went down…

1 Like

Seems to be available now (live) on YouTube https://youtu.be/0HHmGRw0AQk

1 Like

NBC just whined and they pulled the plug

Here’s another live source:

-Rodger

Not sure how long this one will last…

1 Like

The link above yours is Huckabee’s website. It will most likely continue through.

-Rodger

1 Like

I was late to find this link, but the good thing is you can simply drag the timeline left and start it from the beginning if you wish. Hope it stays up long enough to watch the whole thing.

-Rodger

Looks like the link you provided CycleJ is going to work fine as well.

-Rodger

“2015 GOP Republican Debate …” This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC_News.

Comcast owns NBC/Universal now so of course they want people to feel forced to pay for cable TV.

1 Like