Watching on phone

I just received my Tablo 4 tuner tonight and got it hooked up without any problems.  I found the check box to enable remote access and checked it.  I can’t seem to watch when on the LTE  network.  I figured it would be easier to try that when I am home.  What ports does the Tablo use and how do I get the ip address of Tablo?

I set 2 of them up.  My first one was on ATT UVerse and it couldn't open my ports so it showed me what 3 ports I needed to forward.  When you check "Tablo connect", that is where it will show them if the Tablo can't get it to work right away. 

I set my sisters up this weekend on TWC, and it said it was able to open the ports, showed a message saying it was ready and all was good but it took about an hour for me to get it outside of the home network.  I'm not sure if it needed to update or reboot but just thought I would share my 2 cents.

@beastman, welcome to the Tablo community!  Let me see if I can help.

When you checked the box for remote access, did it say “Your Tablo is ready for remote access”?  If it did, then you are good to go for remote access.  

Before you used your phone on the LTE network, did you connect to your Tablo on you local network?   That is a requirement to make remote access work.

To find the ip address of the Tablo, launch your router interface and look at attached devices.  Mine is called tablo-dual, so yours is probably tablo-quad.  I highly recommend you assign the Tablo a permanent ip address in the router.

During the remote connect setup, the Tablo will assign certain 5 digit external ports to four internal ports (80, 443, 8886, and 8887).

Tablo does PAT? 

I assumed since the streaming is HTML, is it not - that 80 and 443 would be a given even internally. Pat makes sense and is more secure.
 the last 2 you mention - 8886 and 8887 - are alternative ports for 86 and 87, common media streaming ports. 
It’s not uncommon to had 8 or 80 in front of port numbers for PAT or to get off the commonly known ports that “hackers” tend to target most.

@beastman Are you receiving a ‘Your Tablo requires manual configuration’ message in the Settings screen? 

If you are, the port numbers and the Tablo’s IP will be displayed there. If this message doesn’t populate, you should see a ‘Your Tablo is ready for remote access’ message, and it should work fine, as long as you’ve paired the device with your Tablo on the local network first. 

If you’re still having trouble with this, send me a note.
@beastman Are you receiving a 'Your Tablo requires manual configuration' message in the Settings screen? 

If you are, the port numbers and the Tablo's IP will be displayed there. If this message doesn't populate, you should see a 'Your Tablo is ready for remote access' message, and it should work fine, as long as you've paired the device with your Tablo on the local network first. 

If you're still having trouble with this, send me a note.

It works fine now.  I thought I would have to put the ports in manullly but I got the your Tablo is ready for remote access message and have watched it at work.

Excellent! Glad you got it sorted out :smiley: