vizioTV does not work with Tablo

Lol well it is 2019, which ISP has modems that do not have wireless.

Tablo tech

If so, why are you selling your product without clear documentation that Visio TV will not work without added devices.

Also, why does tablo not have a hard disc built in at point of manufacturer. It would be super cheap.

I am not Tablo tech.

There is clear documentation on the website about which devices support the Tablo app lol

I have a Nextel wireless router I hooked up the Tablo, was told I had to have a Roku. bought it downloaded the Tablo app And the Roku apps and I can get Roku stuff. Now my problem is I want to watch normal TV and the TV says no service. My input set to HMDI 3 . I am old as dirt and donā€™t understand squat. I am so old that in first grade we practiced getting down on the floor in case of nuclear attack HELP is greatly appreciated

Tom Warburton classicrock2@aol.com 757-287-7863

Tablo tech support told me that you had to have a streaming device because Viizio uses some kind of different operating system. All I want to do is watch a few TV channels and record other programs, just like I do now with Cox.

Tablo tech support were correct. Vizio does not have a Tablo app. You must use a device that can support the Tabloā€¦ like Roku, Shield TV, or some other supported streaming device. But as I mentioned earlier, the Tablo app can also run on a smartphoneā€¦ then you can cast (send) recordings from the Tablo to the Vizio which supports Chromecast. (thatā€™s if you own a smartphone) Here is a link to supported devices: https://www.tablotv.com/apps-compatible-devices/
And donā€™t feel bad about knowing COBOL, I write IBM Assembler !

Then this is likely a better option for you than the Tablo.

I thought they made it pretty clear that internet access was required. As for the Vizio TV, I am sure that Tablo cannot test each brand and every different model. The list and the testing would be quite daunting!

Yeah, I cut my teeth on assembly language, back in the dark ages, circa 1968-72, before I finally moved up to Fortran and then Cobol. Later when PCs became popular, I played around with Turbo Pascal, just for fun. What a kick, I paid 35 bucks for that Pascal compiler and it gave me a lot of fun.

Are you trying to watch Live TV from your Tablo & antenna? Or do you still have cable and a cable box connected?

If so, you may need to use the input button on your TV remote to switch between the ROKU interface and the other inputs on your TV.

I have both the channel master plus and the tablo, I like the tablo for the ability to watch any program I record on any TV in my house. My wife records soaps and then she can watch in the kitchen or in the bedroom.

I have 3 vizio tvs and Tablo has been working fine on all for over 5 yrs. Drop Tablo support a line and see if they can help you with this problem.

my problem has been adding channels. Tablo only recognized 2 out of 40. I have an external antenna connected to the tablo and an indoor antenna piggybacked into the table. I just hooked the indoor antenna to the TV and the external to the Tablo and now have 28 our of 40. When I connect my TV to the double antenna I get 40 channels clearly. I am ethernet connected. Last week tablo support didnā€™t help

Frankly, I am surprised that you get so many channels on the TV with both antennas ā€œpiggybackedā€. When combining antennas together you start to have RF interference between the 2 antennas due to the different lengths of the antenna feed line. You can get A LOT of phase cancellation. And the tuners in the Tablo may not be quite as good as the ones in the TV (I have seen variation even between my 2 Tivo DVRsā€¦ one has really good tuners and one has very insensitive tuners). If I try to add a LNA to one with the weak tuners, I get great results, if I put the same LNA on the other one, I get crap (because I am over-driving the sensitive tuners and they drop channels like mad ā€“ too much of a good thing). I found that I had to put an LNA on the feed line to my Tablo and even then it is not the best for picking up VHF stations). Luckily I donā€™t have any VHF stations that I care aboutā€¦ in my area all the old VHF channels moved to UHF when the switch to digital happened.

To avoid phase interference you must be careful that the 2 signal paths that are being combined are pretty close to equal length, or if not, then the signals must be in-phase somehow when combinedā€¦ Maybe some tuners can filter out phase interference somehowā€¦ I donā€™t know.