Vizio Smart TV

When will I be able to use Tablo with my Vizio Smart TV

Get a Roku 3, Firetv, or other box.  How many different smart TV can Tablo support?  It makes more sense supporting Roku, FireTV, and other boxes that can be connected to all TVs.

Agreed.

@edsn - We are working on apps for SmartTVs but I don’t think Vizio is on the list yet. Do you know what O/S it runs?

I contacted VIZIO about my E320iA0 HDTV and was told that they use Yahoo as an operating system.  They said that the internet, wifi, is the way of communication with the TV so is there a way to use the way you communicate with a HDMI equipped laptop using a cable but use wifi?  Can I control my HDTV from your website using wifi instead of the HDMI cable?

I presume they mean this  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Connected_TV

Get a Roku 3, Firetv, or other box.  How many different smart TV can Tablo support?  It makes more sense supporting Roku, FireTV, and other boxes that can be connected to all TVs.

It would actually make more sense if all smart TV makers would use a unified app.  Unfortunately, they don’t, so with the somewhat limited TV makers, Tablo should be able to adapt to their system.  An integrated ‘smart’ TV is the goal, not switching between things like Roku.

Many TV makers are moving to Android-based O/S which means we should be able to port our Android TV app to the big screen. 

@edsn - Some Vizio TVs have access to a Plex app. You could potentially use this to access Tablo content.

I looked at the VIZIO website and it looks like all of their 2015 smart TVs are heading toward being able to use smart phones to control them. So maybe if i buy a new VIZIO TV I won’t need Roco or Apple TV

I’m not sure if this is the right post for me to request an app be added to my Vizio smart TV but I was wondering if there was any future plan to add the WWE Network to the list of available apps? Let me know, thanks!

WWE app for your Vizio TV? You need to contact the developer of such an app, which would be the WWE, not the Tablo.

Ok thanks!

The Vizio series of HDTVs for 2016 support GoogleCast (some people use the term Chromecast). If your android app is cast enabled you should be able to cast it to the Vizio.