Very happy with Tablo

I have tried many solutions and for what it is worth, Tablo works best.

1. Best playback quality
  2. Commercial skip seems to work on most programs
  3. Tuners perform better than HD Homerun, AirTV, whatever USB Dongle Dish network supplies for OTA on their Satellite Tuner box, Hauppauge OTA Tuner. When connecting all of these Tuners into the same Antenna coax, Tablo recieves the most number of channels and never has noise or dropouts.

I am using the Tablo Lite (Dual Tuner Box) along with a local WD Elements USB powered Drive. I couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the kind words!

What make, and model antenna are you using?
I bet it’s a good one, cuz it generally makes all the difference in the world. :slight_smile:

Well, the point I was trying to make was independent of the antenna system. The same antenna system was connected to multiple tuner devices. TabloTV performs best.

As for my Antenna system, I have two UHF and VHF connected into a combiner amp at the antenna with a fairly short coax to my tuner. I bought the system about 10 years ago so I don’t quite remember the brands or model.

I have a 2 tuner model I bought 5 1/2 years ago. Wanted to replace it before the hard drive died. Bought a 4 tuner refurb and plugged it in to my antenna system. New massive hard drive (for me 4 TB is massive). Old one was 1 TB. I am watching down the old Tablo. Don’t know what I will do when it is all watched out.

Point is, the old unit has served us well. When I bought the 1st unit in 2014, no one else had anything like it, for what I do. Today, I am still not seeing a competitor. I believe, if you had one TV, there may be competitive solutions but not for us. We watch Tablo regularly from 3 TVs/Rokus. and remotely for several weeks.