Very dissatified-waste of money and loss of patience

I bought the 4th generation Tablo for $99.Tried 3 different Smart TVs: fire tv, Google TV, and Roku. Disconnects randomly, I have to reset or scan every day at least twice. No matter where I put the antenna channels picked up scattered. I finally found a spot that gets the most and honesty for the channels I get could have gotten something from Walmart cheaper better reliable for ALL my tv’s.I followed ALL trouble shooting instructions and I spend more time trying to get the Tablo to work than watching anything!!!
I could I would send back and get FULL refund!

Besides RF signal…(Have you tired scanning with the Tablo internal Amp on or off?) if your streaming devices (streaming box and tablo) are wirelessly connected… you will want to confirm it has good signal strength.

You can download inSSIDer on your laptop to check. If you have an Android Phone, you can download WiFi analyzer and check. Anything below -73 is the start of low signal.

Is your Tablo and streaming boxes fully updated?

1 Like

scanned with the internal amp on/off ?

I have set up the table wireless and with the ethernet same results with both.

download inSSIDer /WiFi analyzer? Something else to pay for

Tablo is fully updated

Sorry you’re running into these problems.

We’d recommend reaching out to our support team: https://tablotv.com/support/#contact . They’d love to help.

1 Like

The antenna is the most important part of the entire setup.

If you can say yes to the following, you’ll have a good experience…

1. Antenna is in a good location to receive broadcast signals.
  2. Antenna is a good one.
  3. Antenna cable connects directly to the Tablo, and not split (like to go to TVs, too).
  4. Antenna is not amplified.

Like real estate, the top 3 most imporant antenna things are: location, location, location.
The best antenna inside the house is never going to outperform the same antenna on the roof.

Good antennas are frequently dismissed as being too expensive.
However, a $20 antenna that claims to receive broadcast signals from 75 miles away is not actually gonna make you happy.

Every antenna cable split lowers the broadcast signal strength, and quality.
Some can get away with splitting their antenna cable several times, and still get great signal strength, and quality.
I’d love to be one of those people, but live in a rural area where the closest broadcast tower is 9 miles away, and furthest is over 75 miles away.

Amplifying an antenna signal does increase signal strength.
However, it’s similar to increasing the volume of a over the air radio station.
If the signal quality is poor to begin with, increasing the volume just magnifies that poor quality.
You many need amplification, and if it works for you, great, but avoid it, unless you absolutely need it.

4 Likes

I’m equally dissatisfied but for a different reason. I purchase a 4th Gen Tablo on the belief that Apple TV would “soon be added”. Not a single word on that front. I know about the beta testing, but I think it’s getting to be the time for a full release of a compatible app. I have several Apple TVs around the house and not about the switch from them.

1 Like