Using Tablo on Microsoft Edge

That’s what I get too. Underneath though it says “Oops! Tablo’s web-based app won’t play well with your current browser. We recommend you try one of these” and then it shows icons for Chrome and Safari

FYI - I chatted with our web guru who says:

“Microsoft Edge uses IndexedDB which is a totally different database system to the one we regularly use. The newest feature, Most Recent in Recordings, doesn’t work with that database yet which will cause problems.”

:frowning: sad

I’ve been part of the Windows Insider program and Edge has worked fine since it was released before Windows 10 went live and it continues to work on the two PCs I was using that were running the Preview versions. Now that the official release is out I upgraded my main desktop PC and my notebook to Windows 10. Guess what? Neither of them will connect to my Tablo with Edge! They both keep trying to connect. Chrome works fine on the newly upgraded PC and I can ping the Tablo and get the “Nuvyyo Tablo Server” message if I type in the IP address.

I’ve also cleared the cache but no joy.

Thankfully my HTPC continues to work well with Edge but I’m reluctant to reset the Tablo in case this breaks what still works!

1 Like