Update for LG webOS?

It’s been a year now since the last update… any idea when LG webOS will have up to date functionality?

Both LG and Samsung have proprietary operating systems and app stores which unfortunately make it difficult to develop and deploy app updates for these platforms.

For this reason, we have made the difficult decision to place our resources and our focus on more popular platforms for the time being (Roku, Amazon Fire TV, iOS/tvOS, and Android).

At some point in the future we may be able to return to these platforms, but we don’t have any details on when that might be.

This is vey very sad news.

FWIW, I have an LG Oled (webOS) and a Roku Ultra, given the choice I prefer the Roku for accessing my Tablo. YMMV

Actually with all the streaming options I find that I don’t even use the LG remote that often. With the new Ultra the TV on/off and volume are on the Roku remote.

2 Likes

Then you guys really should update this page: https://www.tablotv.com/apps-compatible-devices/

From a business PoV, I agree with your decision. But you need to clean up the Marketing ASAP.

The current LG & Samsung apps on the devices they’re available on now will continue to function and offer access to the screens and features they do today.

From a resource allocation standpoint, this is understandable, but also unfortunate. I appreciate the candor.

That said, my experience with orphan-ware is that once the R&D is shut off, I’m better off finding a more viable alternative than hanging on and excusing the faults in an unsupported or “maintenance mode” application. TiVo was a case in point: with the option to move to the “New Experience” or the older maintenance mode UI… and having to evaluate that move prompted me to seek out, evaluate, and utilize Tablo as a better solution for my OTA DVR needs. I’ll move over to the FireTV Stick on my LG (which I already have running on two other non-LG screens), but at that point the Recast will likely become my DVR system of choice.

I just purchased an LG TV and hoped to be able to use the Tablo app on it. Not so good. From the LG App Store I was able to d/l version 1.1.4 from 2016. Hey, it’s 2020 and now I’m here reading the “news”. Though I have a FireTV stick and it works just fine, it means I have another remote to juggle. Instead, I use the LG TV included web browser app and bookmarked my.tablotv.com and use it to access Tablo content. It’s a work-around, but simple enough. Just be sure to use the back arrow in the teal blue header and not the back arrow in the browser window. Saves lots of time…

Hope this helps others.
Also hope the link worked correctly. First-timer here.

I’d like to add that the Tablo app does seem to display content, both live and recorded. However, my experience is that rewinding or fast-forwarding will cause the content to pause and enter an endless loop. If I restart from the beginning of a recording, or re-access the live show it will play OK. However, rewind and fast-forward are not options.

Yeah, we had the same issue with our new Samsung TV. Both our old Sammys had the Tablo app in the appstores. However, this was not the case with the new Samsung TV. Best solution was to get a 4K Firestick, because they go on sale for as low as $25 and we use them on all our other TVs already.

Sucks, but that’s all you can do.