Samsung Smart Television App

I hooked up a Tablo Dual for my aunt today and installed the Tablo app on her Samsung television. I was about to advise her that it did not support configuring options from her television, but noticed to my surprise that it did. When I got home, I reloaded the app on my Samsung television and the options button is still not there. I checked the date and it shows an update date of 15-Oct-2019.

Am I missing something? Are there different apps for different models of Samsung televisions?

Do you have an active subscription? Advanced recording options are only available for folks who have this.

If so, and you have an older Samsung Smart TV, the app may not have been updated for your model yet.

If so, and you have an older Samsung Smart TV, the app may not have been updated for your model yet.

I have a 2017 model QLED (QN55Q7FAM). Software version T-KTMAKUC-1270.3, BT - S.

Samsung TVs made in 2017 and earlier have not yet been updated.

This is why I buy a dumb TV and then replace my Roku or Fire TV every 2-3 years. A good HDTV can last 10 years with no real issues.

When do you expect this update might occur?

This is why I buy a dumb TV and then replace my Roku or Fire TV every 2-3 years.

I sort of had the same logic going into this. I did not even know there was a Tablo app for my television when I bought the Tablo. My plan was to use the app for Kodi. It was the availability of an app for Kodi that prompted my initial purchase. However, I did not research deeply enough. The app does not work with the newest version of Kodi and Tablo is no longer supporting it. I found the below link after my purchase:

https://tablotv.com/blog/now-available-kodi-add-tablo/

I really wish they would update this app!

Just bought a 2020 Samsung QLED tv (Q90T series) and it does not support the Tablo app? My old Samsung TV did. What the heck?

Any help and no, I don’t want to buy another streaming device with another remote control.