Unwanted instant replay

We have been using the Tablo since September and love it. We use it mostly with Roku Streaming Sticks.

We watch a lot of football on Sundays. Our routine is to record the Colts game and start watching it about 15 minutes after it has started. We will fast forward through the commercials until we can’t any longer. Once we are caught up with the live game, every now and then, the video will jump back 10 seconds or so. At first I thought it was the TV broadcast. We would see a play and then it would jump back and show it again. Once this happens we get a lot of macro-blocking and artifacts. We can’t keep watching the game at that point. We have to back out of the recording of the game and start the recording again where we left off. This will fix the issue. It seems like we need to leave a buffer of about 2 minutes between what we are watching and the end of the recording.

I can’t figure out if this is caused by the Tablo or the Roku. The jump back never happens when we watch live TV or a completed recording.

Has anyone else had this issue?

@CoopToons Sounds like you can reproduce this pretty consistently. I haven’t seen (or heard to much about this) and the odd time we do, it’s usually disk related… What kind of hard drive are you using? 

It only happens when watching the Colts game. But that is the only program we watch and record at the same time. The jumping back never happens with completed recordings or when watching just live TV. 

The HD we have is Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive WDBUZG0010BBK-NESN.

Thanks!