Unique Use for Commercial Skip

This is Super Bowl Sunday. It’s in all the news.

One of the highlights of every Super Bowl are the commercials. For some Super Bowls, the commercials were the best parts of the broadcast (but I digress).

For the Super Bowl, there needs to be a CS setting that will save the commercials and skip the rest of the broadcast. An inverted CS. A recording of just Super Bowl commercials.

1 Like

I agree… :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

How to Disable Automatic Commercial Skip

It is possible to turn the Automatic Commercial Skip feature off on a per-recording basis, if for example, you wanted to watch the Superbowl WITH commercials.

To disable Tablo Automatic Commercial Skip from within the playback screen:

• On Roku - Press down on the D-pad for Options
  • On Amazon Fire TV/Android TV - Press down on the D-pad for Settings
  • On Apple TV - Swipe down on the touchpad for Settings
  • On Mobile, Windows 10, & Web - Toggle the Automatic Commercial Skip button (looks like three squares under an arrow)
  • On the interface of TV-connected Tablo DVRs like Tablo DUAL HDMI & Tablo QUAD HDMI - Press down on the D-pad for Settings

When disabled, identified commercial sections will still be visible (as grey bars) but the video will not automatically jump over these sections.

Hi @DrJack,

That would be something indeed!

Though also to provide some info in case, especially for those watching a Superbowl recording, the Commercial Skip feature does not actually remove the commercials from your recording, it merely gets processed by our server to identify where they are, then updates your recording with those commercial sections identified, shown by yellow bars. The player will automatically skip over it, but the commercials are still there and can be manually gone to on your seek bar, or as @ronintexas mentioned, you can turn off the skip feature on a per recording basis within the player.

Thanks for the feedback. What a game it was!

I’ve figured out how to make the best of what I’ve got…
The CS marks already show me where the commercials are, I can just FF past the game segments to each set of commercials. Easy peasy.
If I want to watch the game, I’ll just watch the recording and let CS do it’s thing.

Two viewing features from one recording! Whata bargain :smiley: !!