Unable to connect to Tablo via desktop web browser

I’ve been struggling for months now with this issue.

I can view my tablo through: iPad Mini, Fire TV, Google Nexus TV

On my iMac, I’m unable to detect my tablo using all my web browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave

I’ve restarted my computer, restarted my router, restarted my Tablo. Again, this has been going on for months.

Tablo firmware is always up to date.

Can anyone please help me or point me to the solution to this issue.

HELP

Let’s get some specifics first. What OS version are you running on your iMac? What version of Safari and Chrome?

Is there anything unusual about your network setup? Wifi or ethernet? What kind of router or switch between the devices?

FWIW, I have no trouble connecting to my Tablo using either Safari or Chrome on my iMac.

Chrome is probably the longest supported web browser, so you might want to start there… try resetting Chrome to the factory-fresh state. Go to settings/Advanced Settings/ and scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on the Reset Settings button, and let it clear out everything so you get a totally clean Chrome browser.

Might wanna’ check any programs running in the background such as firewall, antivirus, privacy settings which prevents you from connecting… Also, check your network config settings and make sure your iMac is in Tablo’s network… Are your browsers updated? Flash plugins?

If the Tablo web app can’t even detect the Tablo, this may just be a discovery/network issue. Is the iMac on the same segment of the network as the rest of your devices? Is there a VPN of some kind running?

I’m running macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Safari: 10.1
Chrome: 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

My network runs through the house over PowerLine adaptors and wifi. The FireTV/Android boxes plug into the network adaptors and can access the Tablo.

The iPad connects to the tablo via wifi (obviously).

My network is 192.168.1.x. Router assigned 1.1

My router is a TP-Link Archer C7

I can access all my devices on the network, even printer.

Hi Ikahhan, I have reset Chome, no change. Thanks

OMG. I apologize for wasting everyone’s time.

While I do subscribe to a VPN service, I have the VPN application shut down and there’s no evidence on my desktop there’s one running. HOWEVER, when I go into Network Preferences, I found a couple of VPN profiles and they were connected.

I deleted the profiles and Chrome has found the Tablo.

Apologies once again and I thank you all!

2 Likes

Those darn VPNs - you love them and you hate them

1 Like