Tuner Still In Use

In the past when i would quit watching a channel it only took a few minutes before the tuner on that channel was released. ie no flashing red on the channel number. Just recently it appears that is not happening. Even a day later if I go back to the Tablo I can see a couple channels still flashing. I don’t seem to have an issue with watching another channel but usually we only watch the same couple three channels anyway.

I have a 4 tuner version. Feeding a Roku Streaming Stick+.

It doesn’t seem to be a problem, just wondered if something had changed.

I would guess that, if you’re not recording, Tablo would leave the tuners on the last-watched channels indefinitely. That way if you go back to a channel, and you see something that might have been interesting a few seconds back, you can rewind to see it.

It didn’t use to do that. That’s why I was wondering if something had changed.

I’m not sure whether it has always done it or not, but I do know that (with a 4 tuner Tablo) if you tune to a channel then switch to a different one that the previous channel will stay tuned. I’m guessing but I would think this is for a better surfing experience, so that now if you want to go back to the previous channel it is more immediate verses the 15-20 second wait.

I would expect that this is only the case as long as there are available tuners. If you are recording three shows than this would/should not happen.

In regard to your comment:

This sounds as if you may not be exiting Tablo properly. I don’t think this should be happening, but I could be wrong.