Trouble Setting Up after changing ISP to Comcast

Been using Tablo Dual (no Hard Drive) for months, and after changing Internet Service Providers, I can’t find Tablo on my network. Ethernet is connected to Tablo, port flashing as expected. Things I’ve tried…

1. Rescan via PC web browser…nothing
  2. Set up via WiFi…iPhone, iPad, PC, cannot find Tablo_xxxx Wifi available in list
  3. Reset by pressing/releasing blue button…looked for Wifi, not there…tried to scan, not there
  4. Harder reset by unplugging for 20 mins or so…tried to scan, not there…looked for Wifi…not there
  5. Hardest reset I could find at Tablo…press/hold blue button for 7+ seconds…seemed to reset, but still no luck

The old modem was DNS’ing in the 192.168.1.x addresses…the new xFinity/Comcast 1gig Modem is in the 10.0.0.x range…I am guessing that it is struggling with the new range? But a hard reset should allow me to start from scratch I would think?

Any ideas/thoughts from the user group?

Randy

I don’t think you are going to see the tablo WiFI SSID when wired to the router

If you delete the tablo from the browser or clear the browser cache and then scan?

The new router should have the tablo as one of the connected devices.

Sorry, yes…I did clear the Tablo settings from the IOS app AND the Browser App…

OK, I think I figured it out…two things were causing issues:

1. I have a second Access Point in play that lost its way because it was set manually to the 192 network instead of the new 10 network…but it was still acting as an Access point. Fixing that helped many of the connectivity issues.

2. I still had problems discovering the Tablo after setup…I believe the cause was the Hard Drive. NOT plugging it in when told to in set up allowed everything to work fine. All my clients found the Tablo Server. I do not know why that would be an issue…I am going to reformat the drive and try it again as a fresh drive…but it feels like it was remembering something from the old config that conflicted with the new set up.

Just thought I would report back…all good now.

1 Like