Tivo Announces One Pass

So this is interesting, @TabloTV might want to look into this :wink:

Season pass is being replaced with OnePass

OnePass works like the Season Pass recordings you know, but now for any episode of a series not available on TV, OnePass will find them for you from on demand (if available), Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and VUDU*. (Yes, Amazon Prime is now available.) OnePass tracks down every episode of the shows youā€™re interested in and collects them in a My Shows folder. Episodes are organized by season, so you can watch a series from the very beginning, or start from any episode you want

I had heard about this and it does sounds interesting although how would Tablo integrate shows from other content providers on separate apps? Ā  I would love to see online/streaming TV channels integrated into Tablo similar to what Channel Master is doing with their DVR+ but not sure how to integrate Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc

@7upĀ they would have to make agreements with them and allow it, probably not likely to happen anytime soon. And my guess is even Tivo only plays from that stream and does not record. Just a guess on my part

The BoxeeBox used to do this as well, but only for free streaming sources. Ā Really not sure how Tivo can do this, unless you log in all your accounts inside the Tivo device. Ā  Was a nice feature while it worked.

Someone with a Tivo can correct me but I"m pretty sure Tivo has an integrated Netflix and Amazon Prime app. Ā  My guess is once the database is searched, if you choose content from Netflix, the Netflix app is launched and goes directly to the content selected.

Been playing with it for a while. It's interesting. Finds and records (if possible) the program anywhere it exists. It's still a bit of a hassle to work with but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

So this is interesting, @TabloTV might want to look into this ;)

Season pass is being replaced with OnePass

OnePass works like the Season Pass recordings you know, but now for any episode of a series not available on TV, OnePass will find them for you from on demand (if available), Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and VUDU*. (Yes, Amazon Prime is now available.) OnePass tracks down every episode of the shows you're interested in and collects them in a My Shows folder. Episodes are organized by season, so you can watch a series from the very beginning, or start from any episode you want

Someone with a Tivo can correct me but I"m pretty sure Tivo has an integrated Netflix and Amazon Prime app. Ā  My guess is once the database is searched, if you choose content from Netflix, the Netflix app is launched and goes directly to the content selected.

Depends on the box. Roamios have Netflix, Hulu+, Vudu, Amazon, YouTube. Pemiereā€™s have less (IE No Vudu) and not necessarily the same updated oneā€™s on the Roamio. Things like Hulu (even on Roamio) arenā€™t as nice though (in my opionion) as on Roku (for example).

I had heard about this and it does sounds interesting although how would Tablo integrate shows from other content providers on separate apps? Ā  I would love to see online/streaming TV channels integrated into Tablo similar to what Channel Master is doing with their DVR+ but not sure how to integrate Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc

DVR+ is a stand alone box, must like the Tivo which have apps on them. Tablo is (mainly) a secondary box that requires another box for front-end (IE Roku, PC) and those devices have their own app. Itā€™s going to be hard for Tablo to create something that they can put apps into and then be accessed on the Tablo app inside of the streaming device (IE Roku) that ALSO has the same apps outside of Tablo app. Doable but highly problematic.

@jeremymc7Ā it will record from Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu???

That would be a plus for sure
@jeremymc7Ā it will record from Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu???

That would be a plus for sure

I donā€™t think it ā€œrecordsā€ from them. Iā€™m unclear on that.

It does include search results for something in all places (IE TV, Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, Hulu). It also shows a full episode guide and allows you to go to wherever it is. Be that recorded or streaming.Ā 

Iā€™m still figuring out all the bits but itā€™s pretty advanced.

That is one of the things I hope the new Tablo includes, which is in Roku search include Tablo results

That is one of the things I hope the new Tablo includes, which is in Roku search include Tablo results

This is something weā€™re talking with streaming partners like Roku & Amazon Fire TV about. It will take some doing and willingness on their part, but it could be REALLY cool.

To be able to search my Tablo content through the Fire TV voice search, that would be ridiculously cool.Ā  Although, I will settle for the Fire TV app.