This is what i get when trying to record

Recording is incomplete because of a network error while uploading.

1 Like

Never seen this error. Can you show a screenshot? Or a photo of it?

Do i have to hook up hard drive to record even though i have free cloud for a month

Which Tablo do you have? Tablo DUAL 64 GB? Tablo DUAL Lite?

tablo dual lite

Did you turn on the Cloud DVR feature / option in the Settings?

“All Tablo DUAL LITE OTA DVRs also come with a free 30-Day trial of our TV Guide Data and Cloud DVR Service.

Once enabled in the Tablo app’s settings screen, Tablo Cloud DVR Service lets cord cutters record up to 64 GB (approximately 40 hours of TV) right out of the box, instead of connecting a USB hard drive for recording storage.

After the first 30 days, you can choose to subscribe and continue recording programs with Tablo’s Cloud DVR Service or switch to a compatible USB hard drive.”

i did that and i got that message i was just wondering if i still need to hook up a hard drive to record

You shouldn’t need the HDD. What is the upload speed of your internet?

https://www.tablotv.com/cloud-dvr-service/

More info you might find helpful.

dont no i have no problems with hulu or netflix

Hulu and Netflix doesn’t do any uploading. Streaming from Netflix is just downloading.

Using the Tablo Cloud DVR is uploading, very different.

Call your ISP and ask them what the download speed and upload speed are. If your upload speed is too slow this could be the issue.

What recording quality are you using on the Tablo? If it’s set to a high quality, then yes it would be uploading a lot of data.

the lowest it can go

5.8 Mbps

You actually have the recording quality set to SD 480? See link below.

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-dvr-live-tv-recording-quality-settings/

How do they have their tablo connected in their home network?

I have it connected with ethernet

Is this happening for all your recordings?

Or was this just a one off?

all the recordings

could it be my router causing the problem

Reboot (aka power cycle) your ISP modem, then reboot your router and finally reboot your Tablo.