TabloTV Remote Access Requires Manual Configuration FIOS Routner

Of course substitute your specific IP for router and your port messsage numbers… but did you follow this example and hit apply on the bottom of the router settings then after that reboot the router

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4k5J5q9TlGjbzZScFc4SFktbGs

HI Tom,
Yes to your questions.
I’m thinking Frontier is blocking either 80 and / or 8887 even though they swear they are not. I’ve got to remember how to check, then if they are, call them on their BS and get them to open them or switch. Thanks for everyone’s ideas. Any others please send. This has been a massive time sink with no positive outcome.
Ken

Yes, I would keep hounding your ISP customer service, invariably every person you talk to is either not listening during training or lack there of good quality control training. Also, do you have a spare router that you could try? Make them give u a new router if u are renting.

No spare. I’m ordering one from Amazon tonight. $88 Frontier model. Tired of paying $10/m rental. Should have done a long time ago.

Great, let us know after setup how it works. So it has to be a router that you can use with Verizon FiOS service? Or, can you use a highly respected TP Link archer 7? Same price as frontier…oh I see, u have the router, modem in one…ok…never liked those…I always prefer I separate modem and router

Ports 80, and 8887 are the internal (private) ports used for Tablo Remote Connect.
Ports 21050, and 21051 are the external (public/internet) ports that are used for Tablo Remote Connect to connect from the internet to your Tablo.

For each of the 2 port forwarding rules…
Source Ports should be set to ANY. (This one throws off a lot of people.)
Destination Ports should be set to the external (public/internet) port for each rule: 21050 for one, and 21051 for the other.
Forward to Port should be set to 80 for the 21050 destination.
Forward to Port should be set to 8887 for the 21051 destination.

3 Likes

Radojevic,

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Yes, the non-standard wording was throwing me off!

I followed your lead and it worked on the first try. Better yet, the IP’s looked as I expected, which they never did before. Images below.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PITCHED IN!

My Pics along with Radojevic wording will help many!

3 Likes

This is so counterintuitive - how’d you figure the one out?

@kennethervinyoung

Glad it worked for you, so frustrating sometimes but that’s what this forum is all about…getting answers
Yes, it should be a sticky thread to help others

I’m slycexid. :wink:

1 Like

This is the thread that finally allowed me to connect to my Tablo device remotely. THANK YOU! I would only add that after making the port forwarding changes to your FIOS router, you need to reboot the router and then everything works as expected. Just adding this to the thread to bump it back up for anyone like me with the FiOS / Verizon / Frontier router…

You’re welcome! Even as a Electrical Engineer it took me a couple of frustrating hours to figure it out. Glad it worked for you too!

Dear community
After having my Tablo Connect working since last March with Verizon Fios, It has just stopped and Tablo Support gave up on me.
I have set up static ip address DHCP, I have also set up DMZ (using same static ip address) , I was able to set up port forwarding 21070 to 80 and 21017 to 8887 (as suggested by Tablo support).
Tablo Connect just stopped working 3 weeks ago. If i turn on/off the Tablo it works for 60-90 minutes and then it just stops working.
Tablo is indeed connected to the home Verizon Fios network, but remote access is lost.

Do you guys have any clue?. It looks AirTV should be a better less complicated answer for me to access my local channels away from home (I do not need sling suscription, but could give a try with the $50 coupon).

I do have screenshots of my configuration.

This is my last try before buying AirTv :frowning:

Thank you to everyone that responds

See my FIOS setup instructions on this blog. I’ve successfully watched my TabloTV from a ship in the Mediterranean and that sold folks in TabloTV and T-Mobile which is free in most of Europe (but bandwidth limited, unlimited text and $0.10/min calls)

Ken

I had it working for 6 months but all of a sudden it stopped working. With no additional changes to the DMZ, port forwarding rules, ip static address.
If I turn off/on the Tablo it works for 60-90 minutes, after that I lose remote access

Double check that there’s no other devices on the network that could be using that IP address. If you have a DHCP reservation set in the router, make sure it’s outside the range that the DHCP server gives out.

I’m not sure what you mean by DMZ using the same address. That sounds like a bad idea, if you’re using port forwarding you don’t need a DMZ.

Did you add any other devices to your network three weeks ago, when this stopped working? It really does sound like an IP collision issue.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply
I have not been able to find conflicting IPs. I set up port forwarding back in March, it did not work and Tablo support asked me to set up DMZ on the router to have the tablo IP working with no “limitations”.
I have not added new devices last three weeks.
I am attaching screen shots of my Fios router for your review.
It looks Tablo Connect is very fragile when it comes to Verizon Fios
TAblo support reviewd my screenshots and could not find reason for not working.
They gave up on my case
:frowning:

The PHY Rate for the wireless connection with the Tablo is only 30 Mbps which is very slow for a wifi connection, which means the WiFi signal to the location of the Tablo is poor (aka weak). If your Tablo is having connection issues with your combo modem/router then they could cause remote connection problems.

You are using it on the Wireless N 5 GHz network, which doesn’t do well over longer distances. Can you switch the Tablo to your Wireless N 2.4 GHz network? 2.4 GHz does better through multiple walls and over longer distances.

Also if you’ve DMZ’d the Tablo then you do not need the Tablo1 and Tablo2 TCP entries in the port forwarding screen (4th and last screenshot). Delete them.

Thanks, I will give a try switching to 2.4 Ghz network when I get back home, I travel a lot.

The curious thing is that if I turn off/on the Tablo, remote connect works fine for 60-90 minutes. It is very short distance from router to Tablo with a door in between.

Tablo support was telling me to call Verizon-Fios and report that my router DMZ is not working (very long shot )

thank you again for your response