Tabloconvert.py It's my first python program, pulls videos off of the tablo and converts them to mp4

You get my own take on a Tablo video puller/converter here at tabloconvert-py.txt

Rename it to tabloconvert.py

There’s an FFMPEG variable at the top… adjust to the path where you have ffmpeg installed.

While I didn’t test everything and there’s more work to do (apart from base functionality)… it does work on Windows 7 with ffmpeg and python installed.

python tabloconvert.py --id 34536 --tablo aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd  --filename ‘TV/The Brady Bunch/Season 03/The Brady Bunch - s03e09 - The Private Ear.mp4’ --basedir Plex

Let me know if you have any problems (just be warned, it’s my first Python program from scratch)

There’s some stranger syntax that has to do with a companion program that effectively caches some of the data off the TabloTV… but that’s a story for later.

Right now it generates output as it pulls each ts segment and shows the output from the ffmpeg run and finally outputs the full path name to the mp4.

How do you get the showid ?

and is there an option to trim the extra padded 5 mins on the end of shows?

The companion program will make searching for shows easier… coming soon.  Padding, like commercials, is not handled.

The companion program will make searching for shows easier... coming soon.  Padding, like commercials, is not handled.

No wasn’t talking about commercials but the obligatory extra 5 mins added onto each recording by the tablo…

Oh… my point is that it is a converter.  I doesn’t attempt to filter the content in any way.

“Television” is an obscure art… so starting/stopping shows based on a fixed ruleset may clip content.  Better to pad (just saying).

It would be nice say to have the option (aka flag -trim 5 ) to trim that 5min padding the device adds … so shows end up being 1h vs 1h 5m … it adds that to all the shows on the device… I noticed it with that other script… I think its how the tablo records shows.

anyway just a thought… its a minor annoyance to have to then load the converted file into an editor just to snip off that 5 mins of padding.

The source is easily modified.  Feel free to change it to suit your needs.

It’s the line towards the bottom of the function where FFMPEG is used… feel free to add more options in the option list.

Novice question but how do you get into the device or drive to run these commands?

Novice question but how do you get into the device or drive to run these commands?

You don’t …

you run them on your desktop computer.

@brian0, etc…

The newly released attempt at making a python library/api (and program) can be found at this thread:

http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/257/api-interface-to-pull-recorded-show-listings-metadata-and-files-off-of-the-tablo

With that said, I have done a lot of work on my very similar tool (but not really an api, more of a program/utility) and it will be released in a week or two.