Tablo Windows App crashes upon connecting; Also can't connect to through webapp

Forever connecting :frowning:

Solution! Tablo support (specifically Kyle! Shout out to Kyle!) figured it out.

Hi there,
So this is my hypothesis - however I am going to add a qualifier. The below is only a hypothesis, and cannot be proven, however I think it’s the most likely explanation.

Given the same symptoms occur over multiple devices, on multiple operating systems, and even on devices where the natively installed application works fine, I suspect there may be an issue with your Tablos database that is only affecting connections to the web app, and derivatives that are based off of it (such as the Windows App).

If this theory is correct, the solution would be a factory reset. A factory reset will result in the loss of recordings and scheduled recordings. This is why I cannot stress enough that while I think a factory reset will resolve the issue, I cannot promise that.

Should you decide to proceed, you may find instructions on performing a factory reset below:
https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/207989853-How-to-Factory-Reset-your-Tablo-When-Using-USB-SATA-Storage

Please ensure that your hard drive is disconnected during the factory reset, and only reconnect it after you have set your Tablo back up and see the Live TV Guide . This is because your Tablo will attempt to restore itself, and re-import the issue at hand if the drive is connected before the Tablo is fully set up again.

Let me know if you have any questions on the above!

Thanks,

Kyle

I am live and able to watch tv now across all my devices!

1 Like

How many app specific databases does tablo have? It’s been posted, overnight maintenance mode cleans up the DB. Other have reported, supposedly tablo support runs some utility which rebuilds the DB.

The article specifically states it’s not to be used for trouble shooting - guessing aka, hypothesis.

Figured it out? You wiped your tablo… hoping you don’t recreate the unknown issue.

good luck and enjoy your new tablo

If wiping my Tablo and starting over allows me to actually watch TV on my computer, I was more than happy to justify resetting everything up (recordings and all) :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.