Tablo Web on Android 4.2.2: Videos Seem Locked In Portrait Orientation

Videos seem to be locked in portrait orientation in Tablo Web on Android 4.2.2. The older Tablo app does not have this problem.

My tablet is an Asus, if that makes any difference.

@Joltarin I’ve got an Acer on 4.2.2, and it seems to be fine with both landscape and portrait orientations… Are you sure the tablet isn’t locked in portrait mode?

Screen rotation from what I can tell isn’t a function of just the Android version, but a combination of Android version, hw and brand.  I think the app I used was Set Orientation from Eyes Free.  That was my “fix”. 

My new Android 4.4 phone appears to be better with regards to auto orientation…

Yes, I'm sure the tablet isn't locked into portrait mode. While using Tablo Web in landscape mode, whenever I start a video playing in it, it switches to portrait mode. Exiting from the video player, the app switches back to landscape if it had that orientation when opening the video player.

@cjcox Thanks for the recommendation, it seems to work (although crashes the player when the tablet is rotated while the Set Orientation app is in "automatic" mode).

@cjcox Interesting! Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

@Joltarin Glad to hear this work around seems to have helped!

@Joltarin - there has been a recent update to Tablo Video Player. Please let us know if your orientation issues have been solved.

The orientation issue seems to be corrected. Thanks.

However, in testing it my Tablet locked up and I had to do a hard reboot. It’s only happened once though, so I suppose we’ll have to wait and see if it happens again.

I’ve also found another bug. When adding a manual recording in that app, entering a time via the keyboard doesn’t work if you don’t press the up or down button for the field before pressing the save button. It seems that key-press/up (or change) listeners were forgotten for those fields.