Tablo Web app on Fire TV Stick How To - requires bluetooth mouse

Steps below require a basic understanding of loading apps on Fire TV.  Google how to download apks if you don’t know how.

1.  Download and sideload Tablo Web App apk. 
2.  Download and sideload settings.apk from [Q] firetv stick navigation on showbox, xfinity go app | XDA Forums
3.  Launch setting app, add bluetooth mouse.  
4.  Launch Tablo web app, use mouse to navigate and enjoy.

If you somehow screw up and turn off Bluetooth killing Fire TV remote, no problem just install Fire TV wifi remote app on your phone and turn it back on.   :slight_smile:

A dedicated Tablo app for Fire TV much preferable however if you don’t want to wait, at least you have another option besides Plex.

What is a bluetooth mouse? The Fire TV Stick does not have a free USB port to attach a USB bluetooth receiver.

What is a bluetooth mouse? The Fire TV Stick does not have a free USB port to attach a USB bluetooth receiver.
Fire TV Stick has bluetooth built-in, no USB dongle required if you follow instructions above.   For sideloading apps, use adbFire

I’ve heard the FireTV stick is temperamental about which bluetooth devices you can use with it.  I saw a thread on XDA though that claimed this one worked, so I ordered it last night and am going to see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321526478862?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Will the remote control app for Android (which has touchpad functionality) work?

Will the remote control app for Android (which has touchpad functionality) work?

Fire TV remote wifi app emulates the remote not a touchpad although I believe there are touchpad apps

I’m liking that keyboard @jbanks25 thanks for sharing.

Where are you guys downloading the apk?

@Jerz WHich APK, Tablo or settings?

@jbanks25 the Tablo Web App apk that you use to sideload onto the FireTV

There is a couple ways you can do it.  You can install an APK downloader in Chrome, or go to an APK download site.  I’m not at home so I can’t remember which I used, but whatever it was I was just able to put in the name Tablo Web and the apk downloaded to my computer.

Cool!  The APK downloader is awesome… I didn’t know it existed and I feel a whole lot better downloading the apk from Google than a site I don’t know.

Thanks!  I ordered a keyboard from ebay and I’ll be trying this one my FireTV tonight!

FYI:  A usb mouse works in the Amazon Fire TV… :smiley:

Fire TV is working BEAUTIFULLY!  with a usb mouse!  woot!

@Jerz

Great news! I am waiting for my Fire TV Stick though, so I hope we can figure out how to use Tablo with that too and a mouse.

I can confirm that the Favi bluetooth keyboard/mouse works perfectly with the Fire stick and Tablo.  The Favi touch pad isn’t super responsive because it is a small cheap touchpad, but perfectly adequate until the real solution comes along.

@7up @jbanks25

To follow up on this thread, did you use the APK for the Tablo tablet app (just called Tablo in the Google Play store) or the Tablo Web app (called Tablo Web in the Google Play store)?

Thanks!

Tablo web @theuser86

I was lucky and found an old Rocketfish bluetooth mouse at at Goodwill for $1.50. It’s a little chintzy. I can’t really complain though, it works. Even has play/pause, ff, rw, and stop buttons on it.

Thanks!

Tablo Web app works great on the Fire TV Stick - I couldn’t wait for the beta anymore.

$9.99 for this bluetooth mouse only:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_279_579&item_id=075599
Thanks!

Tablo Web app works great on the Fire TV Stick - I couldn't wait for the beta anymore.

$9.99 for this bluetooth mouse only:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_279_579&item_id=075599

Hey thanks - ordered this mouse from Amazon and it paired fine (with settings.apk and a fresh set of batteries). 

Listed as HP Touch to Pair Mouse (H4R81AA#ABA) @ $12.75 Prime today.