Tablo trying to send data to 23.129.64.159

My router has detected my Tablo is trying to send data to the 23.129.64.159. Here’s a brief look up of that address:
https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/23.129.64.159

Is there a bug in the firmware 2.2.28?

http://23.129.64.159/

This is a Tor Exit Router

Most likely you are accessing this website because you had some issue with the traffic coming from this IP. This router is part of the Tor Anonymity Network, which is dedicated to providing privacy to people who need it most: average computer users. This router IP should be generating no other traffic, unless it has been compromised.

Sure …how could it be anything else?

I am very aware of what a TOR router is for… I’m not using one. Why would my Tablo be trying to contact that IP? This is my question…

All of this is purely speculation, but this sounds like what would happen if you were using tor and the tablo registered with the tablo servers using that exit node. Then sent it back to your tablo for later user (such as external routing or connectivity checks) which may be why you are seeing it try to hit that address.

Thanks… should this mean that everyone’s Tablo is doing this? Am I the only one that has seen this? Hey Support! Any comment?

I looked at my network traffic for this month and see my tablo is reaching out only to two addresses, neither are the one you mention.

@TabloTV Any idea?

We don’t use Tor at all. Perhaps someone else in your household was experimenting with Tor?

@TabloTV if it was anyone, it would be me. My only concern about this is the source IP is the Tablo.

Source? The address suggest someone may have trouble with traffic from 23.129.64.159 - implying it was the source?

Most likely you are accessing this website because you had some issue with the traffic coming from this IP.

and suggest

You also have the option of blocking this IP address

as though it was a source of incoming traffic.

maybe the bug is with your router or network since no one else has come along admitting to any similar activity. (but they may be ashamed to admit they have a bugged device)

Source ip is my Tablo trying to communicate to the ip I mentioned.

Hmm, is it possible the destination IP address is being redirected by a DNS exploit of some kind? Maybe test with a different DNS server.

Great idea… was using cloud flare DOH…will try Google

Thanks for the suggestion…

So it looks like the suggestion didn’t work. @TabloTV could my tablo be checked?

We’d be happy to take a look. Will send you a PM shortly.