Tablo stops responding

Today what started as a “weak signal” issue which was resolved after a quick restart of the Tablo seems to have evolved into a full blown unit issue. Now I can’t even play recorded shows. I’ve pulled the power out on both the Roku 3 and Tablo and plugged them back in. I gave them both time to boot/stabilize and tried again…

Using the Roku Tablo preview channel I got the OTA channel to play again but it only played for maybe 45 seconds. The video and audo then stopped and returned to the guide. I then attempted to view the list of recordings available expecting to play one of those and again, nothing on the Roku would load. The little wheel just kept spinning and spinning and spinning. No love was going to manifest itself so I again removed the power from the Tablo and plugged it back in. This time, once it was started, I went direct to recordings and they loaded after a few seconds and played without issue.

Roku and Tablo are both connected (not directly - I prefer a network over crossover cables) via eth cables and the Roku works with all other channels and using the VUDU channel the Roku easily passes the HDX test with bandwidth to spare according to my network metrics (Yes, I’m that kind of guy).

Tablo is running 2.2.6 and Roku is at 6.2.

Exceptionally frustrating is a drastic understatement.

Follow up question… can someone in support give me the telnet credentials for my Tablo? Perhaps we can get the source code of the Tablo opened to the community so we can start fixing things for ourselves?

Edit: before someone tells me to email support… I DID last week. After a couple of basic troubleshooting exchanges they just quit responding.

Isn’t the “weak signal” error sometimes related to disk space?

I currently have 1.61 TB available.

“Follow up question… can someone in support give me the telnet credentials for my Tablo? Perhaps we can get the source code of the Tablo opened to the community so we can start fixing things for ourselves?”

Look here - Unofficial Tablo TV API - Very interesting for technically minded folks

-Rodger

I guess we can rule that out. :smile: