Tablo stops responding, no lights on front panel

Received a replacement Tablo from support in November 2015. Since then, Tablo has stopped responding periodically (every few weeks); when I check it, the light on the front panel that is usually blue or flashing blue is not on.

I called support last Friday hoping to have someone look at this while I was available, but had to leave a voicemail, waiting on return call now.

Since last Friday, Tablo has stopped working two additional times.

@bigred97 Definitely feel free to give us a shout via email, too! This way we can check out your Tablo’s logs from our end before we send a response. Just make sure to include your Tablo’s MAC address in the ticket.

New ticket opened. Looking forward to help from @TabloSupport. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m having this exact same issue. Tablo is about 6 months old. When I turn on Roku it can not locate my tablo. checking the front blue light, its NOT lit. What’s interesting, is that the link light and the activity light on the back are lit and flashing. I’ll follow the suggestion here and send to the above link.

1 Like

Support looked at logs from my Tablo - here’s what they posted for my ticket:

“We managed to review your Tablo’s logs and confirm that a firmware failure resulted in a brief period of inactivity. We intend to address this issue in our next firmware release - coming soon.”

Thanks @TabloSupport for the prompt reply!

Brief?
lol
It’s brief, if I’m looking at the Tablo, and power cycle it when I notice the LED is off. :wink:

2 Likes

This just happened to me. I’ve had the Tablo about a week, working well, and this morning it was unresponsive, no light, and warm. I’ve had it upright on its side since I got it.

Happened to me, too, a couple days ago.
Last time it happened before that was several months ago.
Still no rhyme nor reason.
Missed Judge Judy recordings again. :frowning:

Happened to me as well a couple of weeks ago…The first day I was away from home for two weeks…so a lot of missed recordings.
The previous time was a couple of months ago.
I need to look into a smart outlet to plug the Tablo into in order to remotely reboot it.

I set up my mom with a WeMo for the Tablo I gave her.
Her Tablo, and antenna are on the second floor of her house, and it’s not easy for her to schlep upstairs to meddle with issues.

I set up the WeMo to work with IFTTT to automagically power on the WeMo after a power outage, cuz the WeMo defaults to staying powered off after a power outage.
Belkin says it does that for safety reasons.
Ugh.
Yeah, ya don’t want a Tablo powered on after a power outage, for sure. :wink:

Using IFTTT, we can also power cycle her Tablo via the WeMo by sending SMS texts, which I’ve done for her from 45 miles away.
Kinda cool. :slight_smile:

She’s got the following…

Belkin WeMo Insight Switch:

There is a newer, and smaller WeMo for less money, by I don’t have experience with that model:

CyberPower Surge Protector (to protect both the WeMo, and the Tablo:

Another cool thing is you can win an extra WeMo device by posting an inventive way you’re using your current one:

Last year, I won a Belkin NetCam HD+ for my entry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

@Radojevic
I just purchased this Iris version from Lowes (rebranded Samsung SmartThings outlet for less $)
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-120-Volt-White-Smart-Plug/999925330#
I went with this product as it has both zigbee and a z-wave repeater, which will work well with my home automation and SmartThings Hub.

Same thing happened to me. So it seems to confirm that it is a firmware issue if so many folks have the same experience.

[quote=“Radojevic, post:10, topic:11166”]
I set up my mom with a WeMo for the Tablo I gave her.Her Tablo, and antenna are on the second floor of her house, and it’s not easy for her to schlep upstairs to meddle with issues.
[/quote]Hah, sounds familiar. Early days of owning the Tablo, I would have ours lock up about once every 6 weeks or so. Eventually it stopped and hadn’t needed a power cycle in many months so I thought the issue was corrected and bought one for my parents.

In the first 6 months they had it, it needed to be rebooted 4 times. It too was upstairs and difficult for my parents to get to, so I bought a Wi-Fi controlled plug for it (TP-Link). Installed and set up, since then (5+ months) it hasn’t had to be rebooted a single time! Oh well!

Our Tablo locked up and had to be rebooted a few nights ago. Not exactly sure how long it had been but probably close to 9 months now.

@Radojevic

Sounds great - can you share the IFTTT Applet ?

Thanks

Chas

:frowning:
Looks like IFTTT doesn’t allow users to publish applets, only partners, which I’m not.

Here are the descriptions of my applets, though…

This applet powers on the WeMo after a power outage, because the default state of the WeMo after a power outage is powered off:
If WeMo is turned off, then turn on WeMo

The following 2 applets power cycle the WeMo…

415-639-9238 is the local IFTTT SMS text number for me.
5555555555 You would change that number to your actual cell phone number.
This applet powers off the WeMo via SMS text from your cell phone:

If send (415)-639-9238 an SMS tagged #off from 5555555555, then turn off WeMo

415-639-9238 is the local IFTTT SMS text number for me.
5555555555 You would change that number to your actual cell phone number.
This applet powers on the WeMo via SMS text from your cell phone:

If send (415)-639-9238 an SMS tagged #on from 5555555555, then turn on WeMo

1 Like

@Radojevic

Thanks for taking the trouble to outline this

Chas