Tablo Still Showing Recordings from Previous (Failed) Drive & New Drive is Slow to Load Guide Images

We have been using table with an old HP hard rive since April. It finally gave out this week, and we purchased a replacement (WD Elements, Basic Storage 1 TB). 

I unplugged the old drive, plugged the new drive in, and Tablo formatted the drive. 

None of the images for the shows were loading however, so I tried downloading guide data. This did not solve the problem. I also tried emptying the cache, and deleting all website data, disconnecting and reconnecting. This did not work either. As I didn’t find anything searching these forums I started writing this post, and went to grab a screen shot. Fortunately the images do seem to begin to be being downloaded now. Perhaps this will be a useful experience to have documented for other users that might experience the same problem. (Perhaps it is our slower rural Internet.)

Unfortunately the Tablo still thinks my shows recorded on the failed drive are on the new drive. How do I make Tablo “forget” that old hard drive? It had about 600 GB of shows on it, so we were looking forward a bit to a clutter free drive for a while – a small consolation for losing our shows to the failed drive. 

When you connected the new drive did you factory reset the Tablo? Aka hold the reset button on the back for a at least 10 seconds?

If not, do that. Let the Tablo re-initialize the new HDD.

I did a quick reset (short press), but not a press and hold reset. 

Is that the only way? Will Tablo have to re-download all the firmware updates? (I am nearing our bandwidth for the month.) 

I wish I had known before I set recordings for this evening. There are a few shows I have already recorded which I’m not in the mood to watch right now (but would like to later). If I understand correctly from some other posts, a hard reset will erase them? It’s not the end of the world, as I could stream them, but again, bandwidth limits. 

Thank you for your help. 

Yes a factory reset would erase them.

My assumption is that a factory reset won’t require any firmware downloads. It just resets to the current version installed.