Tablo Roku App (4th Gen) Update (v. 0.8.1)

Hi folks -

An update is now available for the newest Tablo Roku Channel for 4th generation Tablo devices.

If you’ve already got the latest Tablo channel installed, and your ROKU is set to automatic updates, you should see version 0.8.1 very soon. You can also manually update the channel by going to the app settings and selecting “Check for updates”.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Roku Channel (4th Gen) Update (v. 0.8.1)

• Fix for navigation issue between show detail screens and submenus
• Adds general section details to settings screen
• Overall performance improvements for live TV grid, guide, and home screens
• Other bug fixes and performance improvements

As always, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to post them below or touch base directly with support.

I suppose, but filtering Live for Favorites has random channel rows with no info, even when the All Channels grid is complete.

Also, Recorded Events for sports (like MLB or NFL) continue to be presented in almost-but-not-quite date order. It’s a bit maddening. The latest recording is near, but not at, the end of the list.

It’s worse then maddening. I now have to 2 OTA channels in the Live grid that were not selected in the channel scan. And obviously there is no guide information. But when you select either channel and hit okay to play, it takes you to the home menu.

This will be ready in time for the 2024 election.

I also like the fact that it appears the Home screen has become the wall paper. So when you select either Shows or Movies by channel parts of the channel list are obliterated by the Home screen. I now have NFL Football, watch live, etc. covering up parts of the channel list.

There must be a way to roll this turd back until it’s fixed.

There are 2 OTA ghost channels in my Live grid. If you try to play the channel it takes you to the home menu. Once that occurs the home menu becomes the wall paper for all other menus until you exit the app and restart it.

I see this update as a step forward. The guide improvements alone make it worthwhile as it was beyond frustrating to not have it load or jump back to the beginning every single time. On my roku devices it appears much more stable.

Image still squashed in upper left quadrant on every channel.

Still crashes and exits back to roku home screen

1 Like

Sorry for the rookie question. On my Roku TV, the 4th gen Tablo app shows as 0.8 (build 100). Is this 0.8.1?

I have found that the Roku guide has problems updating after a scan and save. The guide will continue to show channels that are removed and the guide info shifted to other channels. However, if I look at the channels and guide information using the iOS app on my iPad, everything is perfect. So, I don’t know what’s going on with the Guide on the Roku App, but it’s messed up for sure and is something that the Tablo support team needs to fix in a future update.

1 Like

I also still have issues on one of my Roku’s on an older Vizio TV. That Roku is at 12.5.0 - Build 4175-46 and when playing any channel on the TabloTV app, the app will crash back to the Roku Home screen after about 3 minutes. So the most recent Roku and Tablo updates have still not fixed that. All my other Roku’s are using 12.0.0 and do not have issues (except the guide not updating as I mentioned before).

Yep!

1 Like

Same here on a Roku Ultra. Don’t know exactly when it started but initially worked fine. Maybe 5-6 weeks ago it started crashing back to the Roku home screen after a few minutes of streaming. Zero issues using the same Tablo on Google TV.

Same here on a Roku Ultra. Don’t know exactly when it started but initially worked fine. Maybe 5-6 weeks ago it started crashing back to the Roku home screen after a few minutes of streaming. Zero issues using the same Tablo on Google TV.

Fire stick fine, android fine ( now that they fixed the stutter) roku crash remains, if i were a normal customer id of retirned it… better get on the ball, when this is all u do… do it!

Take a look at the thread “Tablo Gen 4 Guide Data Incorrect”. I mentioned that the Roku Ultra that I had which was using Firmware 12.5.0 is now working properly after doing the fix for the Live Guide recommended by the Tablo Support Team. The Tablo App is no longer crashing back to the Roku Home menu after watching any channel for 3 minutes. That TV is working fine now after doing the Guide update.