Tablo Ripper not working

I downloaded the newest version of Tablo Ripper and can’t get it to work.
I select a recording click the arrow to move the name to the right
I click on the Foreground Start button
It says initizing with a progress type bar
A command window pops up with information about ffmpeg
Then quits.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have ffmpeg installed on your computer? At one time, I believe it needed to be installed separately from Tablo Ripper, but @CycleJ would be your best source for trouble shooting your problem.

1 Like

Your best option for getting support is to post in the official thread for it…

1 Like

An off-the-cuff guess would be that you don’t have “write” access to whatever directory you selected to save output files.

But the first step is to enable logging and take a look at the log file. In your case, it sounds like you might also want to take a look at the FFMPEG window. There will be a useful error message in at least one of those places.

Here’s the ffmpeg popup, it only stays on the screen for a second or two

How does Tablo Ripper know where ffmpeg is installed?
In the previous version it asked where it was installed.
Also I noticed that a new version of ffmpeg was released yesterday.

Here’s the end of the log
{“up_next”:"/recordings/series/episodes/1058350"},“keep”:{“rule”:“none”,“count”:null},“guide_path”:"/guide/series/797455"}}
11/7/2019 8:23:17 PM InvokeApi
11/7/2019 8:23:18 PM JSON: {“object_id”:297616,“path”:"/recordings/channels/297616",“channel”:{“call_sign”:“16HD”,“call_sign_src”:“16HD”,“major”:16,“minor”:1,“network”:“PBS”,“resolution”:“hd_1080”}}

Hope this information is helpful.

CycleJ
I think you were correct on write permissions.
I change the path of the output and it worked.
The default of c:/Users/Jim/Videos didn’t work.

Still need to know how Tablo Ripper knows where ffmpeg is located?

When I installed it on Windows 10 I do not believe I had to install ffmpeg. Attached is a screen grab of the program files…tablo ripper directory. My guess to how TR knows where ffmpeg is located is because it installs it…

1 Like

Steve
Thanks.
Jim

Glad you got it going. @SteveLV is correct, a version of FFMPEG gets installed in the same directory as TabloRipper (it’s just easier that way). If you’re having ripping issues, you can overlay the default version, but to date, I’m not aware that anyone has needed to.

Thanks for your help.

suggestion - on the configuration tab add a test write permissions button.

1 Like