Tablo Ripper cannot find Tablo

I moved from USA to Malaysia. I can watch Tablo just find from my laptop, but is buffers so I researched and found TabloRipper. However after I install it, my Tablo does not show up in the dropdown box in the TabloRipper app. However I can connect on the same PC just fine using the Table Webapp.

So do I first need to connect with Tablo Ripper on the same network while at home just like WebApp the first time?

Is there a way for me to have TabloRipper find my Tablo while in Malaysia?

Thanks,
Jason

Tag @CycleJ , the developer for a response

Chas

1 Like

You need to understand how remote connect works and devices and supported (official tablo) apps.

Sorry, but TabloRipper was designed to work locally, not remotely. One option is to set it up on a PC that’s located with your Tablo, then download the output remotely. Even better, install Plex on the same PC and just watch remotely. It’ll transcode to accommodate your internet speed.

Thanks. I see how it would work but defeats the purpose. I want to download from Tablo to a local PC so I have the files on the go and not need to stream them.

What prevents TabloRipper from connecting via TabloConnect to find your Tablo remotely? Does Tablo not give access to 3rd party apps to access the data?

Is this something you would consider adding?

If you have can set up port forwarding on your router where the Tablo is, you could use one of the other downloaders (like SurLaTablo) to get your recordings. More work to set up, perhaps, but it will work remotely.

Well, it depends. As long as the request source looks like it is on the same network, then, yes, this approach works (like a proxy).

1 Like

100% agree - making your remote requests appear “local” is the trick.