Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Great! Glad to hear you’re up & running.

It seems logical that you could put the backed up recordings on your new drive, but that won’t work. There’s no way to upload them in the format required by your Tablo.

Search this forum, and you’ll find people discussing how to replace an existing hard drive. Good luck!

Hi @CycleJ . I’ve just tested Tablo Ripper v1.6.2 and it works excellent, very good tool !.

Does anybody knows how to remove commercials from the video file ?. I found the MCEBuddy but it cost $30 and has no trial so I don know if that’s good or not. Please let me know your ideas on how to remove commercials automatically.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @CycleJ. I found a MCEBuddy Version 2.3.13 (old and free) and looks like works well to remove commercials. The problem now is that the result video file doesn’t preserve the ClosedCaptions (CC), so the CCextract found nothing to extract from this result video. The original video instead has the CC.

hey i made a video to show people how to set this up

Rip Tablo TV DVR Recordings Play Offline Easy

5 Likes

The previously unsupported 32-bit version picked up a bit of steam today with support for background service installation.

If you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows 7 (or above), please give it a try and let me know how it goes. It should match the 64-bit version now.

A gift from Nuvyyo - access to the Tablo REST API documentation!

If you’ve been waiting for the ability to automatically delete ripped recordings from your Tablo, wait no longer. I’ve uploaded a new version that does just that.

You’ll need to enable the new “Delete after ripping” option, and if the rip completes successfully, it’ll be deleted from your Tablo.

I’ll wait to hear from some of you brave souls before declaring it “done”. So please let me know how it works for you.

3 Likes

It didn’t seem to delete for me

Could you enable logging, select one video to rip, then send me the log (via PM)?

Done

Just a quick look, then I’m taking the rest of tonight off. Appears all but the first recording are ‘incomplete’, with the option to ‘skip incomplete recordings’ enabled. Recordings won’t be deleted unless they’re ripped successfully. But the first one should have been deleted.

Hi @CycleJ I just tried 1.6.5 and it Works great for me i just did 3 shows and it Ripped and then deleted the shows off my Tablo.

Thank You CycleJ Great work Merry Christmas .

2 Likes

Hi. Not sure about Windows 7, but it works great on 32-bit version of Windows 10. Automatic delete worked. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much for this software. It’s working very well, but I have a question. Is there an option to place each episode in it’s own show name sub-folder? The reason is because I want MCEBuddy to process each file then save it to the proper TV subfolders I have for Plex.

1 Like

I just promoted the latest “beta” version to “production”, and yes, that’s exactly what’s new.

But since you’re using MCEBuddy, you have a slightly different issue. TabloRipper can create folders as you’re requesting, but MCEBuddy won’t replicate the same folder structure on output.

Here’s how I solved that (in a prior post):

TabloRipper + MCEBuddy

Yeah, I saw that post earlier in the thread, and I followed the screenshot, but MCEBuddy keeps creating a new folder for each episode with the tag “show name - s##e## - episode name”, instead of placing each episode in it’s show folder (i.e. \TV Shows\Survivor\episode.) So, for instance, under my “TV Shows” main folder, it would create a new folder for each episode.

The only way I could get MCEBuddy to place the correct episodes in the correct season folder was to have several Conversion tasks, each one having a unique File name match Selection Filter.

That just doesn’t seem logical to me.

Here’s an example of how my MCEBuddy output looks, which conforms to the standard Plex naming scheme

Directory of Z:\Tablo\TV Shows\Elementary\Season 4

11/07/2015 09:41 PM 1,004,674,182 Elementary - s04e01 - The Past Is Parent.mp4
11/14/2015 12:00 PM 1,006,424,975 Elementary - s04e02 - Evidence of Things Not Seen.mp4
11/21/2015 12:01 AM 998,841,793 Elementary - s04e03 - Tag, You’re Me.mp4
11/26/2015 11:30 PM 1,015,384,632 Elementary - s04e04 - When a fertility lab technician is murde.mp4
12/12/2015 05:25 AM 959,283,003 Elementary - s04e05 - The Games Underfoot.mp4
12/17/2015 11:30 PM 989,922,028 Elementary - s04e06 - The Cost of Doing Business.mp4

You’re not getting similar results? I confess that I had to play around with MCEBuddy a bit to get it working, but once it does, it’s really nice.

Been out of the loop for a while, just letting Tablo Ripper do it’s stuff. I see you have a few updates, I will need to find some spare time and try them. I have my Tablo to automatically delete files as needed, and it seems to be holding at the same amount of free space, so I guess it’s OK. Tablo Ripper gets new recordings right away 24/7, so I don’t think I’ll get any recordings automatically delete before I get them ripped. The show title could be useful as I spend about 5 minutes a day moving my ripped shows into their related folders on my PLEX server. Only need to make new folders once in a while, and I just copy and past IMDB’s titles for show, so that’s really simple. One thing I did not contemplate awhile back. I started using the year the show was created in the show name, and now old shows they broadcast again, get ripped again. This is going to be a bit of a hassle to fix and I wasn’t paying close attention and I bet I have more then a few hundred shows I will have to expunge from my PLEX server. I have been keeping a backup of all the shows ripped in their original content through MCEBuddy, before MCEBuddy/Comskip converts them, but almost filled my extra 4 TB drive, so I guess all original content will have to go. All in all, this program is just about exactly what I need and I am a very happy camper! Thanks CycleJ for all your hard work.

-Rodger

1 Like

That’s kind of point: Set it up and forget about it.

If you’re happy with the version you’re running, keep it. Most of the recent changes address specific issues a few people have experienced. The only ‘must have’ change was to support Tablo 2.2.8. The rest is gravy.

Let’s see what 2016 brings?

1 Like

Got my Tablo a few weeks ago. Really liking it. Tablo Ripper makes it even better. Read through this entire thread and I have to say, CycleJ sets the standard for software development and community interaction. Bravo!

I was wondering, because I couldn’t find an answer in the thread, did you ever decide to implement a Plex TV Show folder naming option into Tablo Ripper?

Keep up the great work and Happy New Year to all!

1 Like

That was added a couple days ago. If you’re saving files directly to your Plex server, just enable the new ‘use plex naming’ setting.

And thanks for reviewing the entire thread for me! I’ve been trying to find/implement all those pending ideas. I think I’m caught up (finally).

1 Like