Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Should I be able to get closed captioning when shows are ripped and placed in Plex? If so, can someone point me to some directions to get it working, please and thank you.

I use MCEBuddy. You can have MCEBuddy extract subtitles into a seperate .srt file for each title and PLEX will use this to place subtitles and closed captions on top of the title being played. There is software that will do this I’m sure, but you might have to search a bit.

-Rodger

I am getting some shows showing up with no info. Any idea why?

Those are incomplete. You have the check box checked to skip them, so they are not being ripped.

Yeah but that top show has no data. It’s supposed to be Dancing with the Stars

I downloaded ccextractor and use the gui to create the srt files from videos pulled by Tablo ripper.

It is very quick.
http://ccextractor.sourceforge.net/index.html

If you process multiple files at once, make sure to change the option that tells ccextractor that each file is a sesperate video.

1 Like

Anyone else having the issue I am having above?

Is there a version of this for LINUX?

Thanks for that, I’ll have to give it a try. I’ve been reading up on CC in Plex, I get the impression that I should be able to get it from Plex automatically if it’s embedded (and it must be if it appears with the ripped videos after Tablo Ripper) but I haven’t been able to figure out the settings yet, or even if I’m reading it right.

PLEX and subtitles in MP4 generally have been problematic depending on a bunch of different scenarios. I found for my setup to work in most cases, I have to separate .srt subtitle files, or I have to convert MP4’s to MKV’s. It’s obviously something in the MP4 container that PLEX has problems with. The exact same MP4’s will show subtitles fine when I play them on stand alone players in most cases. Too much to try to figure out for me, so I just have MCEBuddy produce a .srt file while it removes commercial content.

-Rodger

The incomplete recording ‘*’ is a bad sign unless the recording is in progress. The show missing everything (no name, etc.) is even worse. TabloRipper merely reports what it’s receiving from your tablo. You can see the raw data in the log file if you enable logging. But no data displayed means it wasn’t sent by your tablo, and that’s a bad thing.

the show still rips off the tablo just fine but I have to rename them. I am leaning towards it being an issue with the tablo. Just waiting on a response from my ticket I submitted.

Starting to see recordings show up with the names missing… only the date and time stamp are showing in the Your Tablo Recordings window of Tablo Ripper. Don’t know if it has something to do with the Tablo beta software I was running, but is anyone else seeing this?

Same here

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

Trying to install the background service but am getting an error:

Exception: Could not find a part of the path ‘c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64’.

I’m on a 32bit Win7 machine and that path is not there. Anything I can do to get it to work?

Did you install the 32 bit version of Tablo Ripper? If not it’s here.

-Rodger

Yes. I’m able to manually rip

I click on install service and nothing happens that I can tell. The “Start Service” button is greyed out with “N/A” and the install service button does not turn to uninstall service.

Done! Happy to help.

Oops… spoke to soon. The message system rejected it. It’s about an order of magnitude more than they allow.

I’m going to delete a bunch of the non-relevant information. I think that will shrink it down to size and get you what you need. I do see the name of the show in there somewhere.