Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

@jsahaj
Please grab a copy of the most recent version, it has a link to the “Log File” in the app. That should make it easier to find :smile:

Meanwhile, there are many reasons your 2 hour movie could be interrupted. But they boil down to a couple possibilities. Either the actual recording was interrupted by your Tablo (an incomplete recording is identified by an “*” in the “Your Recordings” list of TabloRipper), or there was a glitch when ripping it using FFMPEG. The latter will be obvious when you check the “Enable logging” setting, and watch the ugly command prompt output from FFMPEG.

I don’t have control of either, so it’s not something I can “fix” in the code. But if you understand what’s causing it, perhaps there’s something you can address locally.

@Twitch @Christian_Marois
Despite Plex’s ability to resolve incorrect matches, I’d rather avoid them in the first place. So I’ve added an option to include the “release year” for TV episodes (I haven’t added it to movies yet because I don’t have any available for testing at the moment).

Please grab the latest version and let me know what you think. And thanks for the feedback :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the response, CycleJ. The movie appears to be complete (no *) and the log file shows it took 18 minutes and no errors (shows it completed). However, i did notice a spew of information in the console window when ffmpeg was running, which does not appear in the log file. is there any way to capture the console window output (before it disappears)?

I entered the IP address of the Tablo and it worked like a champ. Went right to work.
One final question: What should I tell the help desk? That I have an incorrect Tablo assigned to my account?

You can remove your current tablo and the reacquire it again. Might be the fix.

-Rodger

The log file displays the ffmpeg command before it runs it. Grab that command, open a command prompt, and paste it. That’ll let you run ffmpeg directly, and the command prompt window will remain open.

Hopefully that’ll shed some light on the issue.

If you can accomplish the @marjamar idea, that should work. Alternatively, yes, tell the help desk you have two tablos showing up. I’m using the same method they’re using to find your tablo. If they fix it for their apps, that’ll fix it for mine!

@CycleJ yes I am using the separate episode option in tabloripper, but that option does not generate subfolders by tvshows and season XX, unless I am missing something? It would put all shows in one gigantic folder in plex… I am currently using mcebuddy to fetch the tabloripper output to copy files in the right plex directory. Having the right folder architecture out of tabloripper could save people the hassle of having to setup bcebuddy if people do not care about cutting ads and automatic recompression.

The season year does work, thanks!

@cycleJ For the show year, it looks like this is the first air date of the episode, so multi-season shows will show different years. Not sure how this will be interpreted by plex.

BTW what you did is now also adding first air date for movies!

The Tablo recording metadata has a LOT of good stuff in it, and I’m using their “release year” value to supply the new title suffix. If the metadata is correct, I’ll get the right year. If it’s not present (they do that a lot) or incorrect, I’ll get the wrong value.

Yes, I went ahead and recorded a movie to get that working too. Manual recordings and sports events are applicable, so I’m ignoring them when the new option is selected.

And you’re right - the “separate episodes” option dumps all TV series files into the same folder. The nice thing (at least for my Plex server) is that Plex still builds/displays the recording info correctly, combining the same series into the normal “season/episode” structure.

I’m off to the UK tomorrow, but with a little encouragement, I’ll go ahead and add the full Plex folder structure to the output file names (when I return). Yes? No?

1 Like

It would be nice, but really it’s not hard to create one folder for each TV Show. I am still ticked with what you’ve accomplished with Tablo Ripper!

-Rodger

Yes dumping everything in a folder works, I just avoided doing this. As @marjamar is saying, great software and this is probably not a priority, but would be a plus of you ever find the time to do it. Having subfolders might complicate the sync option.

Your typo made me laugh :smile:

1 Like

OOPS! Well, I guess that’s my mistake then!

-Rodger

Thanks, that did it. Works great now.

1 Like

Worked. No problems now. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Should I be able to get closed captioning when shows are ripped and placed in Plex? If so, can someone point me to some directions to get it working, please and thank you.

I use MCEBuddy. You can have MCEBuddy extract subtitles into a seperate .srt file for each title and PLEX will use this to place subtitles and closed captions on top of the title being played. There is software that will do this I’m sure, but you might have to search a bit.

-Rodger

I am getting some shows showing up with no info. Any idea why?