Tablo Rebooting for weak/broken signal

I happened to check again this morning and led is off and no network connectivity.

Thanks for the suggestion of a log, I’ll think about it. The biggest problem would be how to track the events. The current event for example, I have no idea when it happened, I just know the last time it was working was yesterday at 6:30 PM as there was two recordings then. I don’t know what events it was supposed to record if any and when the lockup occurred unless I’m checking on it ever hour.

Honestly, I was hoping Tablo would be more of a set it and forget it solution. I’ve wasted too many hours with other solutions, Plex, Emby, WMC, SageTV, and was hoping for a solution that just worked without a lot of hands on.

I plugged the fan back in to a separate connector power supply.

It would be nice it we could get some more logging out of the system.

1 Like

It usually is. I haven’t had a split recording or failed recording in the last 5 years. But I also live within 20 miles of the broadcast towers and use just an indoor antenna with no amps.

@joshmbawden If you haven’t touched base directly with support yet, I would suggest that as a next step. They can take a look at your logs and see what might be happening: www.tablotv.com/ask-tablo/

If you have the volts /* watts to amp formula…

Yes, I have been in contact with support for about three weeks now, and the problem has persisted.

One thing I did learn from support is the USB port is for USB drives, so that is good to know. If I have an internal drive plugged it the unit could get confused with something else plugged into the USB port. The fan has not been plugged into the unit for over a week and I’m still getting the reboots and failed connections/led off.

I do have a kill-a-watt meter from back when I was more interested in that stuff. During normal operations with no shows recording it was pulling 10-11 watts. I temporarily plugged the fan in and got a solid 12.4 watts. Tonight the unit was locked up again, no network connectivity and no led and it was only pulling 6.6 watts.

Maybe you can try factory resetting your unit? If you’re at the end of troubleshooting, it can’t hurt to try it. Well you’d lose all your recordings.

Factory reset may be a last resort “lets see what happens” It’s worked for me… back to the beginning

This is the first time joshmbawden has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

Is this a new unit? Less than 12months old? Tablo Warranty and Returns

All Nuvyyo Inc. products are provided with a 100% repair or replacement warranty on hardware defects for 12 months from the date of shipment from authorized retailers (Nuvyyo, Amazon, Best Buy).

If they, support, haven’t determined it is your problem due to weak signal… and you’re just factory resetting… hoping to never do it again - because you have a defective unit and this doesn’t really fix anything. If/when it arises again, or you’re finally had enough, it could be too late dragging out.

If you don’t just “weak signal” there’s (depending where purchased) a 30-day window for returns.

ultimately I would like you have a functioning tablo you could enjoy! They really are a decent product and do a reasonably good job when used within it’s designed parameters. :slight_smile: :smiley:

The unit was purchased new from Tablo unfortunately it was on 6/20/2019 so I’m just a bit past my year warranty.