Tablo Rebooted @ 8:00pm EST tonight

Removed my hard drive and zero Roku 3 crashes. Strangely, that hard drive was working fine for about 2 months. @tablosupport, do you think a reformat will help?

@chrisd Hm. What kind of drive is it? Feel free to include to make, model, size and how it’s powered (USB or externally).

A reformat can/will restore any corruption that’s on the disk, but if this is an issue with the enclosure/filing system there may not be a way around it. That wouldn’t explain why it worked for 2 months, though. Has anything else changed with it? Is it nearly full?

Much the same situation here… worked great for 2 months and just in the last week and a half, I’ve started to have all sorts of problems with connection. I think things are still recording but my Roku 3 is not connecting at all and my PC is a crap shoot whether it will connect. I have a WD My Passport Ultra 2TB and have about 600GB free.

@TechNerd If you reboot the Tablo (just tap and release the blue reset button) can you get connected with those devices? If/when you do - are the recordings there? Or are they missing?

I’m sometimes able to connect via PC with the tap and release reset… at to the point of being able to see the recordings. However, if I try to stream anything (live or recorded) it drops greater than 75% of the time and won’t do anything.

@TechNerd Can you send me a ticket with your MAC included? We’ll get you fixed up.

Thanks - ticket submitted. Actually there are two… I got a little eager with using the return key and accidently submitted one that was incomplete.

Well I think my thread was hijacked :)

Anyway, about a week and a half ago, I made a few changes to my setup.

1.) Cut off and re-crimped the outside RG6Q connection at the ClearStream 2V antenna

2.) Added an indoor amp (not preamp) that apparently adds about 4.5 dB gain

3.) Mounted 4 x 3M self-adhesive feet to the bottom of the Tablo itself

4.) Rebooted the Tablo afterward

Since performing all of these tasks, I have not had a reboot (that I have witnessed) or one bit of pixilation since. This includes football games where it is so bad, it's unwatchable.

@TabloSupport

How can I tell if this device has rebooted when I am not home? Are there any logs that I can view?

@snzkickin Unfortunately there aren’t any logs on your end that you can see. I can check your Tablo’s  ‘uptime’ on our end of the server to see how long it has been online without al reboot, though.

@tablosupportToshiba - Canvio Connect 1TB External USB 3.0/2.0

I should have done this before but I will set it up to be monitored by "What's Up Gold" or "Cacti"...

How will we know when a new firmware update is available?  

Tablo always announces the new firmware update here, and you will get a notification on your web and tablet apps that an update is available.  

Pls release soon. I’m still getting frequent bouts of unresponsive tablo requiring a manual reset. I’m working nights and wifey has the week off. Bad time for the DVR to act up :stuck_out_tongue:

@stevebob, Happy wife = happy life. :slight_smile:

It is funny how many times issues are equated to “the wife will be unhappy” on this forum. I feel your pain!!!

@chrisd Sorry for the late response - just saw this now! Is the Toshiba drive USB powered? A reformat won’t hurt, just keep remember that you’ll lose your recordings.

Hello,
I know this is an older thread but I figured I would ask if there was a fix to the rebooting issue.
My tablo has rebooted on its own several times in the few weeks I have owned it. Tonight, during the superbowl it rebooted twice and prior to the game starting the tablo froze requiring me to power cycle it.
Thank you for any advice.

@Op347 Either send me  PM or a ticket with your Tablo’s MAC address included (it’s on the bottom of the unit). I’ll take a look to see if there’s anything funky going on.

At least it didn’t reboot at 3:47 EST… and what a coincidence the user name has 347 in it. Some sort of conspiracy going on here?

Ticket created. Thank you