Tablo really needs to improve quickly or they'll lose even the early adopters

TabloInTheCity - I like the candor of your post and agree with most of what you’ve said. I also hope that management at Tablo takes some of your suggestions to heart.

Hey folks - We appreciate all of your feedback and we do take everything to heart.

You can read a message from our CEO on the current issues here: A Message from the CEO of Nuvyyo

So I’m wondering how the most strident amongst us react to the CEO’s statement:

“These symptoms are currently only affecting a small proportion of our customers, but the number of affected customers is growing.”

Of course, if your Tablo experience is poor, the fact you are part of a “small proportion” may not be comforting, but the fact that your experience is poor does not mean all is doom and gloom for Tablo.

I really don’t think that the 2.2.x tablo firmware is as messed up as this forum makes out.

Now we at least know what tablo thinks the issues are. But debugging problems is a completely different skill set then designing or writing code. So it’s yet to be seen if tablo can debug these problems.

Even symptomatic problems that might give better insight to actual bigger issues don’t seem to have been debugged.

The one I love is where right out of the blue at the same time both the WEB app and the Roku preview channel can discover the tablo but can’t connect. But the original Roku channel keeps chugging alone with no problems. You would think it would be pretty easy to determine where all those connection messages disappeared to.

I know the router ate them.

I used to work for a small (in this country at least) printer manufacturer and had to deal with all sorts of issues in regards to why our PS driver wasn’t as tolerant as Xerox’s or why we made it more difficult on 3rd party suppliers of consumables than others. Was there pressure from customers to “come completely clean” to them who would never breathe a word wink wink nudge nudge? Sure. Did we ever do that? No.

We were the fast and cheap option. We weren’t the good and fast or the good and cheap, we were what we were in the “Pick any two” triangle. Notthatthere’sanythingwrongwiththat.

I am overjoyed with the results (why just having the option of recording OTA at these prices and my own laziness!) Maybe it’s the vodka but it is what it is for now. If you have patience it will most likely get better. If you can’t wait, pick something else as others have stated. If you just wanna complain, well I guess you can do that too. Whatever gets you through the night, no one calls the help desk to exclaim how great everything is.

I have not tried another streaming box. Roku still comes up as the preferred streaming solution in side-by-side comparisons and I’m fairly invested having three of them. Roku channel is part of the reason why I pulled the trigger on the Tablo

So I signed up for the beta firmware and a couple of days ago downloaded an update and (fingers crossed) it seems to have resolved most issues. Load times are reduced and I haven’t had a fast-forward reboot in a couple of days. There’s hope in Tablo-land once again!

2 Likes

My Tablo has been nothing more than a brick w/ a blue LED since last Wed. or Thurs., and I still haven’t heard from technical support. Not happy about missing a weekend of football! :frowning:

This was my solution to cut the cord, but at least cable was 100% reliable…

Nope, I don’t see that problem at all. Three Roku 3s in my house. They all FF fine with no rebooting.

@Chris_Soignier - The team spotted your ticket from yesterday. We’re going to touch base shortly.

2 Likes